UK Prices LS430w & LS300w

Tom Butler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Street Guardian SG9665GC v3 & Mobius (rear facing)
Hi,

On the official DOD UK site (http://www.dod-tech.co.uk/onlinestore.html), I've spotted the LS430w is on sale at £134, which is just about the lowest it's been as far as I know. On Amazon UK, it retails for £149.

Now what seems very strange to me is on the above page, the LS300w is on sale for £149. From all reviews it's a cracking camera but is the older camera's price justified at nearly 150 quid?

I've also seen on Amazon the LS300w going for between £83 and £90. This seems to represent a more realistic price and better value for money. BTW, I'm wondering if anybody has purchased the LS300w off Amazon and can they recommend the sellers on there.

At the moment I've got a Mobius mounted by the rear windscreen and I am looking for a better dashcam for the front. I'm tempted by the LS430w but I keep asking myself do I really need GPS. If not, then the LS300w seems a good camera as any for less than a 100 pounds.

Cheers.

Same video quality as LS300W was GT300W, but I haven't found it any more . Its equivalent is GT550W/WS , that could be trustfully bought from Foxoffer , with 90-110 $ . I am thinking this dashcam as well (Panorama S being another valuable option ) , because it has passed the time test .

LS300w on Amazon is from china, that means you will pay extra for customs charges 20% vat, and there is no support if something goes wrong...
better choice for you (for less than £100) would be CR65W or LS330W for £129 - latest model and same picture quality like LS430W
but from DOD UK, they have genuine products as I checked and there are NO problems...

Back