Unable to connect to Viofo App

Pecon4

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
I've just changed my car and completed installing the camera. I have been trying to connect to the app on my phone without success. It just gives me a message "unable to connect". I had no issues in my last car, an Ioniq 5, but this one, the Tucson PHEV doesn't want to know. The only difference is that the Tucson has a wireless connection for Android Auto which the Ioniq 5 did not, not sure if this has anything to do with it. When I try to connect to Viofo I'm asked to enter the code but unlike before nothing happens. Any guidance would be appreciated.

I've just changed my car and completed installing the camera. I have been trying to connect to the app on my phone without success. It just gives me a message "unable to connect". I had no issues in my last car, an Ioniq 5, but this one, the Tucson PHEV doesn't want to know. The only difference is that the Tucson has a wireless connection for Android Auto which the Ioniq 5 did not, not sure if this has anything to do with it. When I try to connect to Viofo I'm asked to enter the code but unlike before nothing happens. Any guidance would be appreciated.
Please disable the Android Aauto and then try to connect your phone to the camera wifi again. There may be interference from the Android Auto and your phone will be connected to it in prior.

I've tried disconnecting Android Auto but when I do and try to connect to the Viofo network I now get a message telling me that Android Auto is switched off and to reconnect through the car when safe to do so. It almost seems as though Viofo now requires AA to be connected.

Back