Unable to record

diverp

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently got my Yi. I successfully flashed it with 1.09. I can attach to the camera via the iOS app. The problem I am having is that I cannot record. From what I gather, when I put the camera into video mode by pressing the power button, the upper LED should go solid. It does. When I press the shutter button, in video mode, the LED should cycle on and off. Instead, the led flashes once, and beeps, and does not start strobing. If connected to the iOS app, it doesnt start a recording counter.

Any ideas as to what could prevent it from recording? I am using a high speed 32GB card, and the camera is fully charged.

Thanks.

Sounds like an SD card problem. Try reformatting the card from the camera or try with another one.

Normally I would agree. However, I have successfully used the same card to upgrade and downgrade firmware. I am using a new SanDisk Extreme 32GB card. When I do firmware changes, all the normal behavior occurs with the upgrade/downgrade and I can verify versions via the iOS app.

I am curious if there are any settings anyone has come across or any combinations of settings that could cause the camera to not record. I may try to go back to stock, original firmware and see if that will record. When I first got the camera, it did in fact record, then I went through a firmware upgrade to a later 1.07 and then again to 1.09, then to one from this site with variable bit rate. All of these have not recorded.

I got a new card and the camera would now record.

I also downloaded the latest english app for Android. Then I put the old card in the camera and again it wouldnt record. I then let the app format the card (previously I formatted it on a PC, FAT32). After doing so, the previously "bad" sd card now worked.

So, it had to do with the formatting of the card. I have read that it needed to be FAT32, which it was. But, for some reason, it would only work (record or take pictures) if I let the camera format the card.

Same issue here. The camera would just record for 1sec, after that, reformatting the card, it just beeps three times and no recording or pictures taken.
Aside from that the camera seems to work fine, i can connect, watch preview and do any other stuff with it.

Tried to reformat the card from the iOS app and it wouldn't give any feedback, how long should i wait? Any tip? It's a 32Gb card.

PS: After reformatting, the camera seems to work properly, but it would just record 1sec long videos , no matter how long i have it recording (i have recorded 10sec videos, and on the app the counter moves and the camera keeps blinking as it should) :S

SOLVED: I just restored factory defaults from the camera app and now it works properly.

Last edited:
I wasnt able to format from the iOS app. I have an android tablet and used the latest english version. From within it, I was able to format. I had to do it a couple of times because it literally took a second or two max, so fast that I had to wonder if it did anything. I did verify that it did though.

Back