Universal hardwire kit?

Ouch77

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mini 0803
Hiya,

I'm looking for a hardwire kit that is universal. Preferably one that supplies a socket (in the cabin light cluster by the mirror) that I can then fit a short USB lead to, for the dashcam of choice.

I'd prefer this setup to one with a fixed cable plug, as not all cameras use the same power input plug - My Mini 0803 uses Micro USB, my Viofo uses Mini USB.. Something in the future might use USB C - I'd rather not have to chop and change as I've not decided what camera I'm going to fit into this vehicle (it's currently got a Nextbase, which I'm not hugely keen on).

Battery voltage monitoring/low voltage shutoff would be an advantage too.

Cheers for any thoughts..

Hi,

There is wide range of universal hardwire kits.

Vico-Power PLUS is probably the most advanced one. Features include Low Voltage Protection , Timer Protection, Over Temperature Protection, Over Current/Surge Current Protection.

Vico_201683014515[1].jpg

Another example is Black Vue Power Magic Pro. Features include Low Voltage Protection and Timer Protection
Power-Magic-Pro_Power-Magic-Pro_IMG_1291_Full-1024x768.jpg

In my Honda CR-V I installed Blac Vue Power Magic Pro and I'm going to replace it with Viofo Hardwire Kit. One of the reasons (and disadvantage of Power Magic) is switching off power after short voltage drop.
It's happening during this scenario: cars stops, the engine is switched off and power magic switch to the parking mode. Then, during opening trunk using automatic trunk opening voltage drops (for very short period) and Power Magic is switching parking mode off... Short voltage drop due to electric trunk opening is one of example, another equipment, operating while engine is switch off can cause the same problem. It can be automatic parking brake etc.

Last edited:
Hi,

There is wide range of universal hardwire kits.

Vico-Power PLUS is probably the most advanced one. Features include Low Voltage Protection , Timer Protection, Over Temperature Protection, Over Current/Surge Current Protection.

View attachment 45532

this model has been deleted so anyone looking for one should grab it soon

I tried with a couple of suppliers here, looks like stock is over.

Back