Updated Manual for latest Firmware?

Hazy

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
Viofo A139 Pro 2-Channel
@VIOFO-Support
Is there an updated manual for the latest firmware revision V1.1_0629 available?
There is a third setting for Wi-Fi (besides SSID and password for the cam network) and I don't know what it is for.

Manuals can be downloaded here, although I doubt that it has been updated:

I haven't looked at the wifi settings, so don't know what it is! What is it called?

@VIOFO-Support
Is there an updated manual for the latest firmware revision V1.1_0629 available?
There is a third setting for Wi-Fi (besides SSID and password for the cam network) and I don't know what it is for.
As far as I can tell, the v1.1_0629 firmware for the A139 Pro does not introduce a new Wi-Fi setting. I checked back a few versions that I had screenshots for and back in version v1.1_0321 it still had the same four settings.

1693351452107.png 1693350710823.png

The four Wi-Fi settings are "WiFi Channel", "Wi-Fi Name(SSID)", "Wi-Fi Password" and "Wi-Fi Station Configuration". The "WiFi Channel", "Wi-Fi Name(SSID)" and "Wi-Fi Password" are mentioned in the A139 and A139 Pro user manuals. The "Wi-Fi Station Configuration" is not documented in the user manuals.

The "Wi-Fi Station Configuration" settings are the wireless access point you want the A139 Pro to connect to. This makes the A139 Pro (and others with this feature) available on the Wi-Fi network that you specified by entering the wireless network's SSID and password in "Wi-Fi Station Configuration" settings section. Usually, the A139 Pro will connect and get an IP address assigned to it from the DHCP server available on that wireless network. If you know the MAC address of the A139 Pro's wireless interface, you can potentially assign a fixed (static) IP address to the device if the wireless access point's DHCP server allows you to configure static IP address assignments. FYI, the last portion of the default value for the "Wi-Fi Name(SSID)" setting contains the hex digits of the dash camera's wireless adapter's MAC address.

The Wi-Fi Station Configuration" settings should be added to the user manual for each VIOFO dash camera model that supports that feature.

There is a configuration and use FAQ page for this feature (for the A139, but it's the same for the A139 Pro):

"Wi-Fi Station Configuration" is what I was looking for - Thank you very much! (y)

Is there also some information about the "VPN" functionality available?

Does the station mode allow you to have your cell and cam on the same network and access the cam via the app without directly connecting the phone to the wifi on the cam?

Try and press the VPN button. Screenshot_2023-09-01-23-20-26-35_b44697dfe3327e3faf27ce71b3167e4a.jpg

But can you read the explanation from the picture? You have asked an explanation of what vpn do.

Is there also some information about the "VPN" functionality available?
VPN is just a virtual private network. If you use an Android phone, to connect to the camera wifi successfully, you need to close the VPN on your phone if your phone has one and open the VPN in the app. Then you can get a live view in the app after connection. Here is an article you can refer to: https://support.viofo.com/support/solutions/articles/19000127932-why-can-not-i-use-the-viofo-app-

Does the station mode allow you to have your cell and cam on the same network and access the cam via the app without directly connecting the phone to the wifi on the cam?
After opening the Wi-Fi station mode, you can open a browser on your phone and enter the IP address to check the video files. To get a live view, you can install a VLC player on your phone and get a rtsp dream. However, there is no access to the VIOFO app in this situation. You can refer to this blog: https://viofo.com/blog/how-to-switch-a139-dash-camera-to-wi-fi-station-mode-with-app-b76.html

Back