Updated to factory firmware v1.004

Reaction score
Country
United States
It looks like they fixed the Daylight Savings bug! I can choose the correct timezone for me and it will show the correct time after the usual Record and System Folders trick.

Streaming of live video over WiFi seems smoother too. I will report again on any other changes I see as I play with it some more.

Could do with them sorting out the stupidly oversensitive motion Sensor in Parking Mode

Audio is terrible in the one that I have. Wasn't like that before. Is the audio any better with the new firmware?

Also, can you please explain the Record and Systems folder trick. Never heard of it. What does it do?

Hmm, I have mine installed in a noisy diesel truck so it is hard to tell if the audio is good or not to begin with. It seems to record conversations clear enough.

The Folders trick has to do with the camera not showing the correct time. After a firmware update, the camera defaults to Europe/London for its timezone. Selecting your own timezone in Firmware Settings does not immediately make a correction to the time. One has to take the MicroSD out, delete the contents of the Record and System folder and reinsert the MicroSD into the camera. The time will then be correct the next time the camera is powered up and acquires GPS.

One other thing I noticed about this firmware update is it did not cause the camera to say "The version information is different."

Last edited:
Thank you for the information. Will have to try that as I have been having the same issue with the time.

I updated the firmware to 1.004 , and also updated the Android app to version 1.84 that came out 2 days ago. I noticed that i am getting "Buffering Please Wait" way more often, and the video is very laggy. worse case being that the audio will play constant while the video is only 1 frame every 5-10 seconds. It's not the phone. I may go back to v1.83 until they can find a fix for it. Anyone else having this problem ?

Last edited:
in my opinion the video is more smooth and "buffering please wait" happens only at the beginning.
I have a Samsung Note n7100 (Note 2); my settings are 1 minute for normal recording and 1 minute for parking one

my settings are the same. today video playback was a little better, but still locked up. didn't do this at all with the previous version. i dont know if it's the firmware update or the app update. i wish that when you put the event sensitivity in normal mode on all zeros that it would not create an event at all, currently it's logginf events when i go over speedbumps even at zero. I know this is a bit off topic but still working out the bugs with this camera.

Back