Updating 412gw to fix blue tint issue

Will5

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies I may have initially put this in the wrong section..

I purchased the above recently and have noticed the very distinct blue colour effect on both on recording mode and playback.
I read a post somewhere about ensuring the firmware was up-to-date so I have installed Replay 3 on the mac (no sd reader) and then connect the device with Update mode selected.
Replay 3 can find the device and installs the download. However it then asks me to reboot in Update mode.
Can anyone explain this?

As instructed I reboot the dash cam, Mac senses it was disconnected, then put it back to Update mode and Try Again... But nothing.

Happy to buy a cheap sd reader if Replay 3 isn't up to updating the device directly, but I'm not even certain the update will fix the image problem.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Are the blue tint always there, and how about focus. ? are the image a little fuzzy.
You will be amazed how often it happen a new camera owner forget to remove the plastic film on the camera lens.

You will be amazed how often it happen a new camera owner forget to remove the plastic film on the camera lens.

This!

Thanks for replies. I really wish it was a case of having left the sticker on.

My car is white so you can see how the image is affected on the bonnet. I tried angling the view/adjusting exposure and quality etc but no joy. Playback isn't as clear as I would like either but reserve much judgement while the colour is off.

Also here is the historical thread i managed to find on it. Not sure if it was actually resolved..

Hi Will

That does look like the thin blue lens protector is still on.

Please an you check if this is still attached? You can send a photo of the lens if you'd like us to check.

Hi

Instead of sending you a photo of a lens without the protector on, I took it back to retailer who accepted it was faulty and replaced the unit.
While the playback is good on the laptop, I've accepted the recording mode isn't very clear on this model and there still remains a colour & clarity disparity between actual conditions.
This isn't a huge issue since the screen is hidden from my view and is irrelevant aside from setting up viewing angle, but I've decided to purchase the 612 instead and use the 412 as backup. The more I've handled it the past week the more I've accepted it isn't a sufficient replacement for my old 512.
Thanks again for replies.

Back