Updating the Viofo A119s

Hermes14

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Dash Cam
Viofo A1119s
I need a bit of assistance in updating the firmware on my dashcam.
The current firmware on my dashcam is A119S_170519_V1S
I see on the Viofo website there are three different.
http://support.viofo.com/support/solutions/articles/19000019600-viofo-a119-car-dash-camera-firmware

The first one is
Code:
 A119 V3.4 Firmware , the second LDBA119.bin & third is FWBA119.bin
The firmware I have on my dashcam is still the firmware it was shipped with so I am assuming I need to first load the LDBA, lad it to my dashcam, then delete it on the SD card, then load the FWBA to SD card then to my dashcam.
What is the first file for?
A119 V3.4

Thanks Jokiin
So it is just the FWBA file I need to load to root, not the firmware file?

If you have an A119S then you load the 2.2 firmware from the link provided, you were looking at the A119 version

Thanks Jokiin
So it is just the FWBA file I need to load to root, not the firmware file?
Download the FWA119S.bin file and copy it to the root directory of your card. The other download (A119 V2.2 Firmware) will give you the same file but it's a 7-zip file that has to be unzipped.

Download the FWA119S.bin file and copy it to the root directory of your card. The other download (A119 V2.2 Firmware) will give you the same file but it's a 7-zip file that has to be unzipped.
The "A119 V2.2 Firmware" is probably in error on the Viofo website calling it "A119". V2.2 is the latest A119S firmware version. When I downloaded that file and unzipped it some time ago, the FWA119S.bin file popped out.

Thanks guys
The V2.2 Firmware just has the release notes as well.
I done the update, took my car for a nice run & the cam is working great.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BCHobbyist Firmware Modifications 6
Back