Urgent Hardwire kit

demosethell

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
i know there isnt an official A129 hardwire kit, currently im using a power bank, but it can only record for an extra 2/3 hours, if im in 1FPS.

I already got someone to bumped into my car and i wasnt able to get him because my cam was off.
What alternatives can i get to hardwire my A129?

Also, is there a way to keep the cam in low power in parking mode and switch to normal recording when detects movment or an impact?

I used a 2 wire kit today for the first time at work, it recorded all day on parkingmode 1fps no problems. the record light goes to rapid flashing, presume thats timelapse

i know there isnt an official A129 hardwire kit, currently im using a power bank, but it can only record for an extra 2/3 hours, if im in 1FPS.
what do you call a power bank?!
this is a power bank. if it's charged only to ~20Ah (75%) divide by 0.5a (average amperage camera draw) = 40 hours of recording.
smile3.gif
and this is how 2 of them look like in a car:

IMG_0464a.JPG

im using a 5000mAh one. I have another 6000mAh, that i would like to use aswell, in a way that 1 would charge the 2, and 2 would power the cam. The problem is that when 1 runs out of battery, 2 would automatically powers off and it needs to be power on manually. Have you bypassed this issue?

I already got someone to bumped into my car and i wasnt able to get him because my cam was off.
What alternatives can i get to hardwire my A129?

Also, is there a way to keep the cam in low power in parking mode and switch to normal recording when detects movment or an impact?
Use the SG version. It works perfectly.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07FB1TDK9

im using a 5000mAh one. I have another 6000mAh, that i would like to use aswell, in a way that 1 would charge the 2, and 2 would power the cam. The problem is that when 1 runs out of battery, 2 would automatically powers off and it needs to be power on manually. Have you bypassed this issue?
yes, but I did it my way.
smile3.gif

Is it safe to use powerbanks like that? Cars get hot and you stick 2 batteries in a crack and no tr afraid of catching fire?

Any will fit as long as you use the adapter to fit the cam, got it for a mini 0906, but it worked

Is it safe to use powerbanks like that? Cars get hot and you stick 2 batteries in a crack and no tr afraid of catching fire?
cars get hot, power banks get only warm. I used them nonstop for days in a row (in a "parking" mode) at a temperature 90+F outside and none of them became hot. pretty well made and proved to be very reliable.

cars get hot, power banks get only warm. I used them nonstop for days in a row (in a "parking" mode) at a temperature 90+F outside and none of them became hot. pretty well made and proved to be very reliable.
i found one with 50000mAh. Lets see how it hold. its from ebay, so i dont have my hopes very high

Back