Used the GUI to update to ver2.41 - fail

Brockie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Mobius Action cam
If a firmware upgrade stops in the middle of the upgrade is there any way to recover a Mobius that no longer works?
The instructions on not interrupting the process are very explicit but after 10 minutes and an obvious fail I had to try again. The second attempt seemed successful but a steady blue light comes on when I try to use the camera and I now need to reset often to even get my PC to recognise the camera. This is my second Mobius. I retired the first after much use and abuse when it also failed.

You should still be able to reload the firmware assuming that there is no hardware issue, the boot loader is independent of the firmware

Thank you for your reply. I used this Mobius successfully only once and while downloading the clips used the GUI to change the settings to loop recording, start on power up etc and upgraded the firmware. I will reinstall Ver2.41 again and reset to defaults. As this is my second Mobius and I have upgraded firmware in the past the cameras reaction, and even its reluctance to sometimes even be identified as a removable disk is not how my first unit operated.

Back