Using ir illuminator with Itronics 100

cris25

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, I am trying to find out whether I can use an ir illuminator with the Itronics 100 because I need to find a solution to no light/ low light recording. I have just purchased one but because I expect it to take three weeks I want to confirm the above sooner rather than later. If anyone could try the following test I would be grateful. (I didn't write it btw)

There is a simple test that you can do to see if your camcorder can use IR light. Turn on your camcorder and take it and a remote control into a dark room. Make sure the remote is working. Point the remote at the camera lens and push a button a few times. If your camcorder can use IR light, then you should see a bright flashlight-like beam in your viewfinder or screen. If you see nothing , then your camcorder is not night vision capable and can't use any IR lights.

As a side point I presume that due to the compact size of these dash cams and in particular the Itronics 100 the ir filters can't be removed or modified?

Hi cris25,

Just did a test and the IR light is visible with the Itronics ITB-100HD.

Dash Cam Man

Last edited by a moderator:
Brilliant thanks again for help :D I did email Itronics a week ago about this but haven't received a response. I will go ahead I purchase one. I have found a few on Amazon that I believe are better suited to dash cams than the ones I mentioned in my other post. I read up a bit on building my own illuminator using ir and full spectrum leds. Although full spectrum would present the cameras quality in the best way it wouldn't be discrete due to the white light, anyway I will post the video results.

Hi, DashCamMan
Nice Setup, I like your experiment. Ir light is not visible to human eyes, but it can be seen through camera.
Cris25, If your setup not working properly, then try another setup, hope so it would work.

Back