Using mode to flip

Wingmut

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm new here and new to the Mobius too!

I need to mount mine upside down in the car and the right way up on my crash helmet, but I only really need 1080p 30fps for both applications.

So, I have altered the sys file so that mode 1 and 2 have the same settings for picture, but mode 1 I have set to flip movie. The plan being that auto power up by the car will go to mode one (flipped movie) and when I use it on my crash helmet I use it on battery and change to mode 2 (unflipped movie).

Anyone see any problems with using the modes for this purpose?

Thanks for your time, Wingmut

Hi All,

I'm new here and new to the Mobius too!

I need to mount mine upside down in the car and the right way up on my crash helmet, but I only really need 1080p 30fps for both applications.

So, I have altered the sys file so that mode 1 and 2 have the same settings for picture, but mode 1 I have set to flip movie. The plan being that auto power up by the car will go to mode one (flipped movie) and when I use it on my crash helmet I use it on battery and change to mode 2 (unflipped movie).

Anyone see any problems with using the modes for this purpose?

Thanks for your time, Wingmut
Sounds good to me, they gave us modes for a reason. I think most of us just use Mode 1.

I'm also a fan of Therau2000's Android app for setting changes. I've used it to turn on my Motion Detect in the parking lot before leaving the car.

Having an android device + OTG cable with you sorts out all additional "non-automated" settings troubles by using Play Store Mobius App.

Having an android device + OTG cable with you sorts out all additional "non-automated" settings troubles by using Play Store Mobius App.

Cheers guys, was just wondering if I had overlooked some obvious (but not to me) reason why it shouldn't be done :-)

I am a Apple man myself so I have nothing Android in my stable so to speak, still I basically have it how I want it now, just waiting on a couple of mounting bits and bobs.

Cool camera though!

Wingy

Back