Vantrue E2 Firmware Update [16th July 2024]

Agie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
70mai A510 + S500, A229 Pro + VS1, N4 Pro, S1 Pro, A119 v3
Vantrue just released an update for the Element 2, just last week. Takes the Firmware version up to ECH211 and adds OTA update feature, along with the usual bug fixes.

Direct download link here:

Hello,

i am trying to update my E2 dash cam that I just purchased, current version: E2_VT-ECE081

doin all the correct steps and following the instructions given:

1.Format SD Card

2. Download Firmware Version: E2_VT-ECH211 to computer or directly to dash cam (if connected)

3. Connect the dashcam to computer

4. Copy and Paste Firmware from the computer to SD Card

5. Disconnect the dashcam from the computer

6. after plugging the camera to the phone charger to start the update, the camera either

- powers on directly and starts recording without updating,

or

- powers on and shows an SD card error

please advise what needs to be done

Hello,

i am trying to update my E2 dash cam that I just purchased, current version: E2_VT-ECE081

doin all the correct steps and following the instructions given:

1.Format SD Card

2. Download Firmware Version: E2_VT-ECH211 to computer or directly to dash cam (if connected)

3. Connect the dashcam to computer

4. Copy and Paste Firmware from the computer to SD Card

5. Disconnect the dashcam from the computer

6. after plugging the camera to the phone charger to start the update, the camera either

- powers on directly and starts recording without updating,

or

- powers on and shows an SD card error

please advise what needs to be done
Follow those steps and you'll be good, what are you stuck on

Follow those steps and you'll be good, what are you stuck on
after downloading and transfering the .bin firmware update to the to the SD card.

instructions say to disconnect from PC and plug into power/phone charger or power source other than a PC to install update to Dashcam.

1696455602869.png
in my case the Dashcam is not "auto upgrading" when plugging into power power charger, it is immediatly turning on and working without firmware update.

Some times i have not been able to install firmwares with larger memory cards, so to not run into that again i have a range of old 8- 16 - 32 GB cards i use for that.
Or that is i use to have, i am actually running low on the old very small memory cards.

cant the E2 update OTA ? the newer Vantrue cams can do that.

Let me give it a go i have a E2 as i was one of the people that tested those.

no it dont seem to be able to do OTA update.

What size memory card are you running ?

My E2 is on VTECB141 i will DL update

Aaaa i can see this new firmware do add OTA update, well then one last old fashioned update then.

waiting for your memory card size ? i want to do the update using the same size card,,,, if i have it that is

What you experience, the camera just ignoring the new firmware, that is exactly what i have experienced updating with large cards, damn thing just turn on and record normal.

O i just saw one thing.

As my DL folder already contain a E2 firmware named VT-E2.bin, then this new one i DL get renamed VT-E2 (1).bin
If that suffix that window's add is there (1) then the firmware will not load as it dont have the proper name the camera will be looking for

What you experience, the camera just ignoring the new firmware, that is exactly what i have experienced updating with large cards, damn thing just turn on and record normal.
thank you for the quick responses, that is exactly what i am experiencing -
i am using a 128 GB "Sandisk - High endurance" card

O i just saw one thing.

As my DL folder already contain a E2 firmware named VT-E2.bin, then this new one i DL get renamed VT-E2 (1).bin
If that suffix that window's add is there (1) then the firmware will not load as it dont have the proper name the camera will be looking for
i made sure to delete all previously downloaded files to not have the (1) added

HAHA cool that was the card i put in the E2 once i got it here on the computer table.

Proceeding to try and update this way ( normally i take memory card out, copy new firmware to that in card reader and then put it back in the camera, but ill give this exact way a go )

OPkay new external drive found, windows say there is problems with it, i choose ignore that and proceed.

It seem to be flashing ( Green LED flash fast ) and it just booted needing me to choose language ASO again

I connected camera to PC
Copied file to memory card root beside the 3 default folders
Then i renamed it to the correct name deleting the (1) in the name
Then i just pulled USB plug to get it off PC
Then i slid it into its mount ( i have that here too as i am finished with testing the E2 ) so no need to power it on, like in the car it boot on its own when it get power.
Green LED flash fast for 20 seconds or so while the firmware update, and then the camera boot

Indeed the firmware have updated for me.

So back to you.
When you deleted the (1) did you maybe delete the . so the file are just named VT-E2bin ? there need to be a dot before bin.

Back