Vantrue E2 Firmware Update [9th September 2023]

It seem to be flashing ( Green LED flash fast ) and it just booted needing me to choose language ASO again

I connected camera to PC
Copied file to memory card root beside the 3 default folders
Then i renamed it to the correct name deleting the (1) in the name
Then i just pulled USB plug to get it off PC
Then i slid it into its mount ( i have that here too as i am finished with testing the E2 ) so no need to power it on, like in the car it boot on its own when it get power.
Green LED flash fast for 20 seconds or so while the firmware update, and then the camera boot
i was formating the card before copying the update file so the 3 default folders are deleted and card is empty,
i guess will try the update without card format before coying to sd card

So back to you.
When you deleted the (1) did you maybe delete the . so the file are just named VT-E2bin ? there need to be a dot before bin.
no i was deleting the file before download so there wont be a duplicate

Also when yoyu plug the camera into the PC, if it like me pop up with the MSG saying there is something wrong with the media, dont let windows fix it CUZ that will probably mean it format it, just choose ignore and proceed to that.

That error i get the same with every memory card i have had in the 70mai A800S i am currently testing, so far its been there with 4 different and might i add perfectly fine memory cards.

Aaa that's probably it, windows will then format the memory card to EXT fat, but the camera do not like that and use the olf FAT 32, that generally is only used with smaller than 32 GB memory cards and hard drives.

Need to look like this on the PC.

E2flash.jpg

Aaa that's probably it, windows will then format the memory card to EXT fat, but the camera do not like that and use the olf FAT 32, that generally is only used with smaller than 32 GB memory cards and hard drives.
That was it, "Do not format SD card before copying .bin file" noted,
Firmware updated and all is working well
appreciate your time buddy

When you get this back up and running with this new firmware, in the future you can do OTA update with the phone and the APP.

In the APP on the Connect device " page " in the bottom R corner there is a about icon, if you click that in there you should be able to DL a new firmware if there is one, and move it to the dashcam.

I have used this lately on a few cameras i am testing, and even if i hate my phone to the extreme, i am quite good doing this.

Though the APP i have on the phone V 2.1.19 do give a network error when i try that, i am in the process of seeing if there is a update to the APP.

No there dont seem to be a new update to the APP, i winder id the other / newer vantrue APP is to be used, the N5 model i am testing ATM it only woirk with the new APP

My pleasure.
Hope your forhead are dry and your heart rate at normal BPS, and you can continue to enjoy your E2, it was a nice effortless camera for me to test.

Yes inded you need to use the new vantrue APP, the one with just a V on a orange background, the older APP with a graphics behind the V i dont think support OTA update

Okay it will not use mobile data to look for a new firmware, ask me to disconnect from the E2, i dont think i have killed mobile data for the APP.
But to get there you still go to the About button in the lower Right corner of the Connect to devise screen / page.

The old vantrue APP is called Vantrue cam, the new one is just named Vantrue.
I do have mobile data and wifi allowed for the vantrue APP, so i guess it would work if there is a new firmware, it have been just fine for the N5

Yes inded you need to use the new vantrue APP, the one with just a V on a orange background, the older APP with a graphics behind the V i dont think support OTA update
That's the one, the one you need is marked "Vantrue" , the older one you don't use is "Vantrue Cam"

They really need to remove the old one..

That and others, i generally have 2-3 players installed, aside for the windows ones which i generally do not use.
But not gotten around to do the rest since my format C: when i installed the new GFX card a few weeks ago.

Vantryeappupdate.jpg

That and others, i generally have 2-3 players installed, aside for the windows ones which i generally do not use.
But not gotten around to do the rest since my format C: when i installed the new GFX card a few weeks ago.

View attachment 68153
Phew, yeah I have had nothing but issues with playback on VLC over the years with various codecs. XMBC (now Kodi) always worked for me though.

As you say best to have a few players lying around in case one doesn't do that well.

I tested players some years ago, some the footage was like looking thru a mosquito net, or as you Aussies call it " Stay on your side you little nasty net "

Found out my PC can play several H.265 videos in window mode of course, and still have enough power to also record the screen while i did that.
Lost that video when i condemned my old youtube channel, but i could repeat if need be, my hardware or GPU at least are now 2 generations newer.

I tested players some years ago, some the footage was like looking thru a mosquito net, or as you Aussies call it " Stay on your side you little nasty net "

Found out my PC can play several H.265 videos in window mode of course, and still have enough power to also record the screen while i did that.
Lost that video when i condemned my old youtube channel, but i could repeat if need be, my hardware or GPU at least are now 2 generations newer.
Never heard that saying but I kinda get what you mean. Oh well every few years I upgrade my laptop and that serves me well. Never used a desktop, not even SFF cos just too annoying for me to set up and port around

I got a laptop too, but dont use it much as i enjoy the silence when i am away from the PC where i think i spend too much time.

I might also be adding a little of my own flavor to Australia, in my bedroom on a commode, my biggest Bowie knife is lying at the very top, some times when i pass by i do the "this is a knife " rutine

I got a laptop too, but dont use it much as i enjoy the silence when i am away from the PC where i think i spend too much time.

I might also be adding a little of my own flavor to Australia, in my bedroom on a commode, my biggest Bowie knife is lying at the very top, some times when i pass by i do the "this is a knife " rutine
Hey fair enough, yeah it's laptop only for me and it stuck with me ever since. Also because of a lack of room in my younger university days but now that I have room, I still don't want for a PC setup either.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Karagandinez E2 0
P E2 0
A E2 6
A E2 8
Vantrue Dash Cam E2 5
Back