Vantrue E2 Impression

runtohell121

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo & Vantrue - too many to list
Recently got the Vantrue E2, similar to the Vantrue E1, this dash cam is more for the design appeal when comparing to Viofo dash cams.

Some photos of the box and content:
IMG_9774.jpegIMG_9777.jpeg

Giant user manual - why would a manufacturer print a giant user manual in today's day and age?? Isn't it all digital?
IMG_9778.jpeg

Front Camera - great sturdy plastic, feels high quality and have a heft to it, though due to the rectangular shape, it's not as discrete as a wedge shape dash cam.
IMG_9779.jpegIMG_9780.jpegIMG_9782.jpegIMG_9783.jpeg

Rear Camera - feels a little light, but it's a rear camera that only has the camera sensor and not much more, so it shouldn't be heavy anyways.
IMG_9784.jpegIMG_9786.jpeg

Video quality is on par with other dash cam in this price range ($200-$250), does a decent job with details, but I had WDR on which might not be the best setting to leave on personally as I left the settings to default mainly. Some screen shots below - could be a little grainy, but not bad.

Sunny day - front/rear
Screen Shot 2022-10-02 at 7.59.50 PM.jpegScreen Shot 2022-10-02 at 8.00.38 PM.jpegScreen Shot 2022-10-02 at 8.01.42 PM.jpegScreen Shot 2022-10-02 at 8.02.27 PM.jpeg

Cloudy day - front
Screen Shot 2022-10-02 at 8.07.20 PM.jpeg

Some sample videos uploaded to YouTube - probably compressed by YouTube - can upload original if requested.

Direct sunlight front/rear

Sunny day stationary front

Cloudy day stationary front/rear

It is advisable to lower the front camera lens lower. Too much sky in the frame.

Strictly my personal opinion.

Reactions: gse
I need to aim up my rear E2 camera, it is a tad too low ATM.
Still do fine though when i drive away from a setting sun ASO

The vantrue app are growing on me, i especially like the G-sensor values are adjustable for each of the 3 directions and of course OFF
But also just connecting to the camera it feel faster and more easy than others i have used.

It is advisable to lower the front camera lens lower. Too much sky in the frame.

Strictly my personal opinion.

It was only temporary install, but also the VW ID.4 has short hood, so most dash cam might look like it's pointing too much towards the sky.

I need to aim up my rear E2 camera, it is a tad too low ATM.
Still do fine though when i drive away from a setting sun ASO

The vantrue app are growing on me, i especially like the G-sensor values are adjustable for each of the 3 directions and of course OFF
But also just connecting to the camera it feel faster and more easy than others i have used.

Vantrue app isn't bad at all, pretty speedy operation in my testing with the E2 and E3.

VW ID.4 has short hood, so most dash cam might look like it's pointing too much towards the sky.
It's not about the short hood of the car.
You have 80% of the sky and 20% of the road, exposure metering does not work correctly, set 50% to 50%

Безымянный.jpg

And watch this video:

Last edited:
Back