Vantrue E3 Impression

runtohell121

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo & Vantrue - too many to list
Thanks to @Vantrue Dash Cam for sending the Vantrue E3 to test out.

Similar to the Vantrue E1 and E2, the design is more square/rectangular than other dash cam, feels sturdy and hefty. Nice quality when handling the dash cam.

This is a 3 channel dash cam that records in 2K front + 1080p inside and rear.

The user interface and settings are pretty straightforward, similar to other Vantrue dash cams. Nice to see that the power cable comes with a USB port, though it's not a fast charging port for other devices. The rear camera cable is a bit thick, making routing the cables can be a bit more difficult in some vehicles.

Some unboxing photos:
Vantrue E3 01.jpegVantrue E3 02.jpeg

Main unit that houses the interior cam as well - note that the front lens can tilt most likely to compensate for the fixed interior cam as it's not a one size fits all for vehicles.
Vantrue E3 03.jpegVantrue E3 04.jpegVantrue E3 05.jpegVantrue E3 06.jpeg

Rear camera (RC-05) - feels light and small, but please note that it is not interchangeable with the the rear camera from Vantrue E2. If you use the Vantrue E2 rear camera (model RC-03), the Vantrue E3 will only record in front and inside mode only. It will not record anything in the rear.
Vantrue E3 07.jpegVantrue E3 08.jpegVantrue E3 09.jpegVantrue E3 11.jpeg

Video quality - daytime seems to be great. Night time is decent as well. Settings were mostly default, so I believe WDR was on. Parking mode is set to low bit rate.

Dusk time (front & rear):
Front:
Rear:

Night time in a lit parking lot, car parked/camera in parking mode:
Front:
Interior:
Rear:

Night time highway (front & rear):
Front:
Rear:

Day time parking lot, car parked/camera in parking mode:
Front:
Interior:
Rear:

Moved the Vantrue E3 over my new vehicle, the 2023 Tesla Model 3 RWD, even though the vehicle has sentry mode, I still installed a dash cam (Vantrue E3) with a battery pack (Cellink Neo) as a backup option and also disabling sentry mode from time to time to prevent battery drain. Yes, the camera is mounted upside down on a cellphone mount... Didn't really want to go through the hassle of pulling the pillar and routing all the cables.

IMG_0451.jpeg

At least lots of mounting surface on the back of the TV in the Tesla.

At least lots of mounting surface on the back of the TV in the Tesla.

Yep! Can mount anything you want with adhesive as long as you don't mind it looking weird... I did wish the Vantrue mount could have rotated backwards, toward the screen so that I didn't have to use an additional mount to hold up the dash cam.

Also thought about using the Viofo A139, but didn't have extra interior and rear camera since it's being used with the Viofo A139 Pro on another vehicle and wanted a dash cam with 3 channel... Only had this one (Vantrue E3) laying around lol

It seem to be Okay cameras, my E2 just do what its supposed to do, and VS others i cant really point fingers at its footage.
Only negative point from me is the mounting system, but it do work ! Just i am such a fanboy for the traditional wedge camera seeing as i can not get any double or triple remote systems.

Back