Vantrue LTE Module Activation Failure

Kylo1

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have been trying to activate this device since receiving it a couple weeks ago and not finding any success. Wondering if anyone else has the same condition and if they found any resolution. I did open a case with Vantrue support which plays out like this so far:

(Me) Sept 3rd: I purchased a LTE Module to go with my S1 Pro. It will not activate even though my SIM has a strong connection. S1 Pro is already on the newer firmware of S1P_VT-EDG262.

(Support) Sept 4th: Sincerely sorry for the inconvenience. Please refer to the following video to connect the LTE box. Thank you. https://cdn.shopify.com/videos/c/o/v/dfe5edd05ab9486dbd7312676424f563.mp4

(Me) Sept 4th: Hello.I had already previously followed that process as it is the same one illustrated in the manual, but I did retry again today just to be sure nothing was omitted by accident. Everything I try produces the same result of failure. I have tried: 1) manually setting the APN for my SIM using the exact same configuration used to successfully test it on another 4G device, 2) attempted using the "Automatically Select APN Access Point" option instead of manual configuration, and 3) leaving the SIM card out while attempting to activate. All have failed and resulted in the same default error message. Note that the device activation page I see in my app has a different prompt then the one in the video you supplied. The prompt shown in the video suggests using a WLAN connection option if problems occur whereas the one in my app makes no mention of this. You can get into the confirmation of the device itself to do any such thing as far as I can tell. I have attached multiple screenshots to help show everything I have mentioned above, including one which shows the LTE Module LEDs all lit properly suggesting it can communicate with the cellular network associated with my SIM just fine. The version of the Vantrue Connected app I have installed is 1.0.07. Please let me know what steps can be taken next to get this device activated and put into service.

My SIM does connect to either Verizon or T-Mobile, both supported by Vantrue according to the documentation. My camera S1 Pro is connected to the LTE Module while the activation attempt is being made.

I have attached the same screenshots that I sent to support to this post.

Hopefully someone can help resolve this or give ideas on how I may go about attempting to activate differently that has been known to work.

Thanks!

Attachments

• LTE Module Lights.jpg
    LTE Module Lights.jpg
    525.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Vantrue Activation Failure Message.jpg
    Vantrue Activation Failure Message.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Vantrue Activation Page.jpg
    Vantrue Activation Page.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Vantrue Video Activation Page.jpg