Vantrue N2 Pro recording gaps

AaronWehmeyer

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just recently purchased new camera. When I go to view the recording, there are gaps in the recording segments. Sometimes it's just a few minutes but other times it's up to an hour. I've went through to make sure all the settings are correct.

Any suggestions on what could be causing this?

Thank you!

Just recently purchased new camera. When I go to view the recording, there are gaps in the recording segments. Sometimes it's just a few minutes but other times it's up to an hour. I've went through to make sure all the settings are correct.

Any suggestions on what could be causing this?

Thank you!
What memory card are you using?

Samsung 64 Evo select. It's the one they suggested on Amazon when I purchased camera.

I followed the instructions when I set up the camera. It directed me to insert the card and asked to format it. I pressed OK and that was it. Was there anything else I needed to do?

I followed the instructions when I set up the camera. It directed me to insert the card and asked to format it. I pressed OK and that was it. Was there anything else I needed to do?
How long has it been since you formatted it in the camera?

Might want to test the card with the free program 2testw, just to make sure the card is OK. Be sure card is empty before testing.

Do you have another card to test the camera with?
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/H2testw.shtml
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/H2testw.shtml

Just started using last week. I don't have another card but I may just pick one up to test it. Doesn't hurt to have a spare.

Just started using last week. I don't have another card but I may just pick one up to test it. Doesn't hurt to have a spare.
A spare is definitely good to have.

How are you powering it? Are you just using the 12V car adapter that the camera came with?

A spare is definitely good to have.

How are you powering it? Are you just using the 12V car adapter that the camera came with?

Yes.

I am running that test on the card right now. Has about hour and half left on test.

I have recently purchased the Vantrue N2 Pro and this was the first thing that I noticed too. What the Vantrue does, that seems to be different from other dash cams I have used, is that it records the events in the Event folder, but it does not keep the recordings in the Normal folder. This produces gaps in the Normal folder. It might be worth looking in other folders to see if the missing files are in there. I am using a Kingston 64GB card.

I have recently purchased the Vantrue N2 Pro and this was the first thing that I noticed too. What the Vantrue does, that seems to be different from other dash cams I have used, is that it records the events in the Event folder, but it does not keep the recordings in the Normal folder. This produces gaps in the Normal folder. It might be worth looking in other folders to see if the missing files are in there. I am using a Kingston 64GB card.

Yes, it was creating 2 different folders. I reformatted the card and still had the gaps. I was using the Samsung 64gb Evo. I went and bought a 64gb Scandisk card and have had no problems with it. I wish I could get more hours of footage on it. Right now I can only get about 6 hours before it starts overwriting. How many hours do you get? Thanks for response.

Yes, it was creating 2 different folders. I reformatted the card and still had the gaps. I was using the Samsung 64gb Evo. I went and bought a 64gb Scandisk card and have had no problems with it. I wish I could get more hours of footage on it. Right now I can only get about 6 hours before it starts overwriting. How many hours do you get? Thanks for response.

Hi. I haven't been driving long enough yet to see how many hours I can get from the camera.

Last edited:
If you set your crash sensor to off that will eliminate the event folder. Also make sure your 64gb disk is formatted in fat32. That stopped my gaps in recording. You should reformat your disk once a week. 64gb will give you approx 6 hours and a 128gb approx 12.

Though I don't know this cam, the general advice is to not re-format your cards frequently as that adds wear which will end their life sooner ;) It seems the usual recommendation is that unless you have a card-related issue, reformatting each 2-6 months is plenty foir keeping things working correctly with most cams.

Phil

the general advice is to not re-format your cards frequently as that adds wear which will end their life sooner

the cameras only reset the allocation table, it won't cause any wear to format regularly, not formatting can cause more wear if there is a file error and the card gets constantly overwritten in the same sector, good idea to format anytime you've had the card out or reviewed footage

In this case, you should check if the "loosing video" are on event folder. If no, it might be the card or system's problem. you can format the card and update the latest firmware. Hope it could helps.

Back