Very low light (w/flashing lights) and loud music test

USDashCamera

Reaction score
Country
United States

Just thought I would test out the camera at an electronic music event to see how the lighting and colors would come out. The sound obviously is not going to transfer well when it is a lot of bass music but I would like to see if it could work well as an affordable mobile temporary security camera in an event like this. angle of most of this footage is poor since I was looking at the lights as opposed to in the same direction which a security camera watching the stage would be more useful as.

Some people who work security at events like this have expressed interest in wearing them with the looping feature. but if you could keep it powered and recording while looping you could get 8 or so hours on a larger card while watching key locations of an event.

Last edited:
You guys are fun in the music event. :p

If too dark without light, you could not catch the right subjects, but you can try to switch on the flashing LED beside of lens, it would be helpful at this condition.

You guys are fun in the music event. :p

If too dark without light, you could not catch the right subjects, but you can try to switch on the flashing LED beside of lens, it would be helpful at this condition.
Heh personally I dom't enjoy going to events like this so much anymore as I did in college but many of my friends still do, many of them organize events too,

when you switch the light on does does it stay in looping mode? I wasnt sure how that worked.

I may try and see if a friend of mine who does security at events would let me try using it as a security camera. But ideally it would be recording areas that are more lit up, or the exposure could be turned up.

Heh personally I dom't enjoy going to events like this so much anymore as I did in college but many of my friends still do, many of them organize events too,

when you switch the light on does does it stay in looping mode? I wasnt sure how that worked.

I may try and see if a friend of mine who does security at events would let me try using it as a security camera. But ideally it would be recording areas that are more lit up, or the exposure could be turned up.

Once LED flash on, the camera is recording in loop condition.
You will get the better result once you exposure could be turned up.

Back