Very slow video download over WiFi hot spot

Reaction score
Country
Serbia
Is it a bug or what? The download of videos from the dash cam to the phone takes very long time.
If I connect the dash cam to the computer via the USB cable, it just gets power. Computer does not see it. So I can't get videos that way either.
I would need to hastle with microCD card and the adapter every time.

Is it a bug or what? The download of videos from the dash cam to the phone takes very long time.
If I connect the dash cam to the computer via the USB cable, it just gets power. Computer does not see it. So I can't get videos that way either.
I would need to hastle with microCD card and the adapter every time.
What kind of smartphone do you have? Try disabling bluetooth and the speed will be faster.

And yes, the logger will not be defined as an external drive. Only through the app or memory card. There is no other way.

The phone in Nubia Z17 Lite with custom ROM (LineageOS14.1 - Android 7.1.2).
The Bluetooth was on while I was downloading the videos. I will try with Bluetooth off next time.
Thank you.

Nubia Z17
Unfortunately, this is the case on older and budget phones. The speed via wi-fi increases because one module (antenna) is used for two protocols. I used to have the same problem, the problem was solved with the phone update, now I don't turn off bluetooth.

I tried ti with the Bluetooth off, and it is the same. Extremely slow.
Try with another phone, then we will find out what the reason is. In the dashcam or smartphone.

And how long does it take to download your video? And what is the duration of the video?

3 minute video at max resolution. It takes several minutes per video, I didn't really measured the time needed. Maybe 2-3 minutes.

Maybe you should change the duration of the video by 1 minute? It is more convenient to find the right moment and will take less time to download.

Well, I am not looking for that. I want to get all the clips from that day, and then use parts of them (or most of them) for making videos.

Oh, I didn't know.. if you download a lot of videos in a day, then transmission via wifi is not good for this. This is only suitable for selectively saving the desired incident video.

Probably the best option for you is a spare memory card so that you can take it home and copy files through your computer, and install a spare one in the registrar. Or OTG microsd card reader for your smartphone.

Memory card reader is the best option in this case, yeah.
My phone "supports" OTG, but OTG is not really standardized, so it only works on some phones.

Back