Video: my first impressions on the dr650gw-2ch (SPOILERS: it's a Blackvue)

USDashCamera

Reaction score
Country
United States

I think I am be over analyzing the focus issue and may need to just have the right angle and exposure.

Any tips are welcome.

There is no focus. The angle is not affected.

aczUX.png

so i just realized what is causing my issue.... the magfilter CPL!!!

i thought about how my 550 suddenly had issues and i remember it actually was when i got the CPL. then i started to think about why my 650 was blurry sometimes and clear other times. i took off the CPL and suddenly it looked so much more focused! the reason i can tell is the mobius mount at the bottom is so clear and focused in some clips, and out of focus in others. whenever i have the CPL on it focuses closer to the camera, likely because it is sensing the lens in front of it, and when i take it off it suddenly focuses further out.

also noticed when i have wifi on my framerate drops to 20-24 only... was this a known issue?

The filter cuts quality, focus is fixed but having another glass in front of your lens like that will impact the results

you know, i think i know why i "thought" the focus was changing. when my car is moving, the lower bitrate causes pixelation on the picture, which makes my mobius mount on my dash look blurrier, but when i am parked, it gets a crystal clear image. so i was assuming that meant it was "focused" closer when in reality it was just the pixelation at higher speeds while moving.

i can not for the life of my figure out why the picture quality varies so much. i try driving at about the same speed in the same lighting conditions, without the CPL. once itll look like it could rival a panorama, the next time, it will have motion blur. do.... not... under...stand...

edit:

actually i really just think it is the lighting. as i was testing it the last hour, the sun has been low and shining directly at a lot of cars from behind me, reflecting off their fronts, and on my way back, been shining straight into my face.

Sorry for being dumb but what is a magfilter CPL

Sorry for being dumb but what is a magfilter CPL
circular polarized lens. They are used to reduce glare, they can also provide better color I believe. But there are drawbacks too, they reduce the amount of light so you need to take them off at night.

circular polarized lens. They are used to reduce glare, they can also provide better color I believe. But there are drawbacks too, they reduce the amount of light so you need to take them off at night.
Thank you for your reply

Back