Videos gone

tigermad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am using a larger card than the standard one that comes with the dual setup. Can’t remember how big. Went to check the videos this morning and it only has video from 8.40am yesterday onwards nothing before. We were driving for about 2.5 hours throughout the day in total yesterday. Why is it overwriting the video? I’m sure when I had it in my old car it recorded days on end continuous and could check the video a few days after. Thanks

Last edited:
No continuous driving (aka boring driving as we call it) is overwritten approx every 2 hrs with the standard 32gb card. Thinkware try and make sure all of the higher models come with enough for 2 hours. You can use 8gb per hour, per camera as a rough guideline.

The memory card obviously has other space allocated for Parking, Incidents etc

EDIT - Just noticed you said using a larger card! In that case no idea, need to check the card size and use the 8gb per hour part as a guideline.

No continuous driving (aka boring driving as we call it) is overwritten approx every 2 hrs with the standard 32gb card. Thinkware try and make sure all of the higher models come with enough for 2 hours. You can use 8gb per hour, per camera as a rough guideline.

The memory card obviously has other space allocated for Parking, Incidents etc

EDIT - Just noticed you said using a larger card! In that case no idea, need to check the card size and use the 8gb per hour part as a guideline.
Thanks. Parking mode is only for last night too. Earlier this week has gone. Have formatted it again and will see what happens.

Could it be a fake card of smaller size than it is supposed to be? Check for that HERE

Phil

Could it be a fake card of smaller size than it is supposed to be? Check for that HERE

Phil
Hi. No I was using the card fine for 2 years. I have changed the dashcam to a new car and it was sitting for a month in the house. The card was from thinkware. It’s only doing it since the new install on Monday.

Hi. No I was using the card fine for 2 years. I have changed the dashcam to a new car and it was sitting for a month in the house. The card was from thinkware. It’s only doing it since the new install on Monday.
memory cards aren't red wine, they don't get better with age ;)

seriously though 2 years is a long time for a memory card in a dashcam, particularly if you use parking mode

Still worth testing, as the card may have closed off bad sectors which would mean that it's dying. I've had one old card do that without the cam itself showing there was a problem.

Phil

Hi. Thanks has for the replies. I actually had it set to type b for some reason. Probably when I reset it a while ago when my Cellink went bad. I have now set it back to type c which I believe should help.

Back