Viofo A129 Plus Duo + Hardwire kit + parking mode, led not shutting off or normal? Wifi mode always goes off.

markm75

Reaction score
Country
United States
I ordered this a129 Plus dash cam and this hardwire kit.

I believe the hardwire kit was the correct one.

I used a fuse tap to an always on 12v spot and the other to ACC.

I've tried playing with parking mode settings, but the goal and my understanding, at least its how it works on the vantap mirror system in our other car, was that for parking mode on, the camera should shut off unless it detects a gshock?

I've tried parking mode timer off and on (90 sec), not sure what this even does, does off mean parking mode is off, or something else? I've set parking mode gsensor to max, set to auto detection. I have the main power usb going into the top of the unit, not the side. I think as of now I have the module set to 12.8 on voltage cutoff, though i may try setting that to 12.4, dont think its related to issues here. I also think i read i should hear 3 beeps after ACC is off if in parking mode, i had the sound off ill try again later with it on, though the one attempt at gsensor didnt do anything.

At one point it was in fact shutting off and i tried tapping on the main front unit (not sure if rear has gsensor), but it wouldnt come on.

I think it might have been after setting the timer mode, now after ACC is off, the unit either stays solid red on rec light or it flashes repeatedly after some time.

Does anyone know what the expected behavior should be here?

Also, it seems you must manually enter wifi mode all the time to use the app, is that also expected?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
The camera will not power off if ACC off, you can use the low bitrate mode for parking recording.
WiFi is not suggested to turn on always.

The camera will not power off if ACC off, you can use the low bitrate mode for parking recording.
WiFi is not suggested to turn on always.

Yeah so it seems i discovered elsewhere, that the led for rec will flash in parking mode and go solid if motion or gsensor occurs. So i guess thats normal to see the led on even in parking mode.

I'm unclear if parking delay of off means no parking mode or just no delay (vs the 90sec option).

I'm unclear if parking delay of off means no parking mode or just no delay (vs the 90sec option).
I believe that is an option to delay entering parking mode after you switch off the ignition. For instance, you might want the camera to continue recording normal high bitrate video while you collect your things and leave the car.

If there is a parking mode timer, that will set how long the camera remains in parking mode before shutting down. If you have it set to 1 hour, that would cover most short parking durations on side streets or at the grocery store. If you have the timer set to off, it will keep recording until the voltage cutoff is activated.

Not familiar with this model, but i understand it as Tony also say.
The DR camera i have from SG that i do have hardwire kit for and use parking mode, it dont have a delay option but change to parking mode the second i turn off my car,,,, or at least with very few seconds delay.

As Tony also say i only use parking mode for 1 hour on a timer in the camera, i dont feel the need to use parking mode all the time, and with the amount i drive it could also not be sustained.
So 1 hour cover all my shopping, and should i need more one day i can just enter the camera and set the timer to more, as i recall 24 hours are the max time, or set to off the low voltage in the hard wire kit decide when the camera turn off.

But i dont think that viofo camera model have parking mode timer ?

Not familiar with this model, but i understand it as Tony also say.
The DR camera i have from SG that i do have hardwire kit for and use parking mode, it dont have a delay option but change to parking mode the second i turn off my car,,,, or at least with very few seconds delay.

As Tony also say i only use parking mode for 1 hour on a timer in the camera, i dont feel the need to use parking mode all the time, and with the amount i drive it could also not be sustained.
So 1 hour cover all my shopping, and should i need more one day i can just enter the camera and set the timer to more, as i recall 24 hours are the max time, or set to off the low voltage in the hard wire kit decide when the camera turn off.

But i dont think that viofo camera model have parking mode timer ?
Things seem to be working fine now that I understand what to look for, with a few exceptions. It does have the parking mode overall timer. Right now i have it on 8 hours, it can go up to 48 i think, 24 maybe safely on the battery? I guess 1 hour should cover most parking at places that are expected and not parking in the driveway however.

*I was hoping if i set it to say the 1 hour instead of 8, that it would just come on if shook after that 1 hour (say parked in driveway and someone tries to steal the car?), but i'm not thinking it can do this?

Back to the operation so far:
I turn the key off, the unit starts to flash the red rec light. If i shake the unit it will then go solid, or if i get out and walk in front of the camera it does go solid and record both good.

However, after turning the key back on and using the phone app to access the videos, i'm not finding any in the "parking" tab section, but it turns out they just got mixed in the main view and are out of order.

*Is this just an issue with the app? Or if i put the card in a pc, should i find parking mode videos in their own folder (ideally)? Doesnt seem to be doing this.

I have the voltage cutoff at 12.4 as of now on the hardwire.

Back