Viofo A139 Pro rattles?

IcEWoLF

Reaction score
Country
United States
I searched the forums and noticed that some of the prior models came with a foam that you stick between the cam and window to help prevent rattles? I didn’t notice any foam coming with the VIOFO A139 pro.

Anyone else experience any rattles? It’s pretty bad when the road is not butter smooth.

The A139 (regular and Pro) use a different sideways-sliding mount bracket to the 119 and 129 models that sometimes developed a rattle over time. The foam would go between the camera and the mount.

Are you sure you have it latched onto the mount fully?

Update, so I found the pads at the bottom of the box. My installer didn’t put them on.

Here is the issue, both my front and rear windshield have tint. The front windshield is clear, my concern is that if I go there to remove it will damage the window tint.

The A139 (regular and Pro) use a different sideways-sliding mount bracket to the 119 and 129 models that sometimes developed a rattle over time. The foam would go between the camera and the mount.

Ah, I thought the foam was going between the windshield and the cam. I will check.

Okay, just checked and the foam is not supposed to go between the mount and cam, I think it’s supposed to install between the window and the bracket.

74D54624-434E-4481-ADAF-316BF53821B7.jpeg

Update, so I found the pads at the bottom of the box. My installer didn’t put them on.
How is the mount fixed to the glass? It should have come with a piece of VHB tape pre-attached to the back of the mount. It's a rectangular shape with cut-outs at the corners.

There will be a spare piece of VHB in the box - that's normal. There should be one for each camera.
Okay, just checked and the foam is not supposed to go between the mount and cam, I think it’s supposed to install between the window and the bracket.
The only thing between the mount and glass should be the VHB adhesive tape. Sometimes it is referred to as VHB foam tape - it's that what you mean?

There is an option to mount the camera using a piece of static film that clings to the glass, but I've never used that so can't really comment about it.

Ah okay, ur right, there is already an adhesive tap pre attached. I am not sure what else could be causing the rattles.

I am not sure what else could be causing the rattles.
Is the rattle definitely coming from the camera?

Do you hear it when you are driving in the car, or only when watching the recorded video?

Are the 5 buttons loose if you tap them?

I sometimes get rattles from power and camera cables running through the headliner.

I attached the mounting plate/shoe to the cling film and it holds very well to the glass (my front windshield is fully tinted). Zero rattles. So far I'm quite pleased. The real test will come in August with the summer heat.

Is the rattle definitely coming from the camera?

Do you hear it when you are driving in the car, or only when watching the recorded video?

Are the 5 buttons loose if you tap them?

I sometimes get rattles from power and camera cables running through the headliner.
Yeah, it’s definitely coming from the camera area. The buttons aren’t loose.

I’ll check further, the cables are nicely tucked in.

Mine are all rock solid. Superb product and packing.

Back