Viofo A229 Pro or Vanture N5

MeowMeow

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi everyone, I'm considering buying a new dashcam. Currently, I'm using a 70mai A800 that I've had for just one year. The device has been constantly restarting over the past six months, and I've recently replaced the batteries twice, but the issue persists. After reading some posts on forums, I've narrowed it down to the Viofo A229 Pro and the Vanture N5. Based on the reviews I've seen, the N5 tends to overheat, and some Amazon reviews mention that it also experiences automatic restarts, which concerns me. The A229 requires a bit more hassle to update the firmware, and I'm not too fond of its design. As for resolution, I’m fine with both options. Can anyone offer me some advice? Of course, I'm also open to considering the N4 Pro.
Thank you all

The A229 requires a bit more hassle to update the firmware, and I'm not too fond of its design.
It will come with recent firmware, they don’t sit on shelves for long! You will only need to upgrade it if you want new features, and it is not too difficult to do, even if there are a few threads from people with issues.

It is not a big dashcam, the marketing images are a bit misleading, in most cars it will hardly be noticeable.

Back