VIOFO A229 Pro with iVolt Xtra (BAB-95)

Alberstol

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a VIOFO A229 Pro and I also got an iVolt Xtra (BAB-95) battery pack. Is it possible to use them together? I thought it would be no problem to splice the BAB-95's "output" cable to the VIOFO hardwiring cable as shown in the installation graphic (from Amazon), but then I saw that the BAB-95's "output" cable also has a Thinkware "communication" cable which obviously doesn't fit my VIOFO A229. Am I supposed to just leave that cable unused? Something else that really confuses me is that the installation manual for the BAB-95 (bottom half of second picture) is inconsistent with their installation graphic on Amazon. The manual shows vehicle GND, B+, and ACC going into the battery pack and then GND, B+, and ACC leading out to a dashcam, whereas the Amazon graphic and the physical wires themselves suggest only vehicle GND and B+ going into the battery pack, and then vehicle ACC going to the "output" cable which splices to a hardwiring cable. Has anyone used the iVolt Xtra with VIOFO and can help confirm what I'm supposed to do?

1725150275738.png

1725150387880.png

For the dashcam side, normally you just need to splice the BAB-95's "output" cable to the VIOFO hardwiring cable.

I have a VIOFO A229 Pro and I also got an iVolt Xtra (BAB-95) battery pack. Is it possible to use them together? I thought it would be no problem to splice the BAB-95's "output" cable to the VIOFO hardwiring cable as shown in the installation graphic (from Amazon), but then I saw that the BAB-95's "output" cable also has a Thinkware "communication" cable which obviously doesn't fit my VIOFO A229. Am I supposed to just leave that cable unused? Something else that really confuses me is that the installation manual for the BAB-95 (bottom half of second picture) is inconsistent with their installation graphic on Amazon. The manual shows vehicle GND, B+, and ACC going into the battery pack and then GND, B+, and ACC leading out to a dashcam, whereas the Amazon graphic and the physical wires themselves suggest only vehicle GND and B+ going into the battery pack, and then vehicle ACC going to the "output" cable which splices to a hardwiring cable. Has anyone used the iVolt Xtra with VIOFO and can help confirm what I'm supposed to do?

View attachment 73733

View attachment 73734

For the dashcam side, normally you just need to splice the BAB-95's "output" cable to the VIOFO hardwiring cable.
I got this covered. I have a video for it specifically for the BAB95

I got this covered. I have a video for it specifically for the BAB95
Thanks for the video. Two follow-up questions:
  1. Regarding the BAB-95's "output" cable's "communication" line (for Thinkware cameras), do I just leave it unplugged/unused?
  2. Is it ok for me to use a 20A fuse slot for the B+? The manual seems to say that only 10A or less should be used, but the Amazon instructions say 20A.

Thanks for the video. Two follow-up questions:
  1. Regarding the BAB-95's "output" cable's "communication" line (for Thinkware cameras), do I just leave it unplugged/unused?
  2. Is it ok for me to use a 20A fuse slot for the B+? The manual seems to say that only 10A or less should be used, but the Amazon instructions say 20A.
1. I leave it unplugged
2. Are you asking what size fuse should be used to fuse the battery pack? Inside the box is a 20 amp fuse on the fuse taps. I would use what comes in the box. If you are asking what fuse location to hook up to at fuse box. That is a different question.

1. I leave it unplugged
2. Are you asking what size fuse should be used to fuse the battery pack? Inside the box is a 20 amp fuse on the fuse taps. I would use what comes in the box. If you are asking what fuse location to hook up to at fuse box. That is a different question.
  1. Thanks
  2. Is it ok for me to put it into a 20A location on the fuse box? I'm just worried because the manual says "continuous power supply cable that is less than 10 A", and I'm not sure what to make of it:
    1725159089136.png

1. Thanks
  2. Is it ok for me to put it into a 20A location on the fuse box? I'm just worried because the manual says "continuous power supply cable that is less than 10 A", and I'm not sure what to make of it:
    View attachment 73735
I would love to help but honestly. You have to be careful with fuse locations. Which circuit to use.

I would probably recommend getting it professionally installed.

Back