gse

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Dash Cam
Viofo 119V3
VIOFO application
Question ,
Android 10 does not play video in the Viofo application on the Android 10 car radio
Are there treatment options?
Guys, no flooding, I'm only interested in playing video in the application itself on the car radio!

VIOFO application
Question ,
Android 10 does not play video in the Viofo application on the Android 10 car radio
Are there treatment options?
Guys, no flooding, I'm only interested in playing video in the application itself on the car radio!
If your car has Bluetooth, then the audio should play through it. My phone runs Android 13 and Android Auto, and when plugged in the audio plays through android auto through my car stereo.

You could try the other codec - H264/H265, if your Viofo supports both.

You could try the other codec - H264/H265, if your Viofo supports both.
Which codec should I install separately for my Android car radio?

If your car has Bluetooth, then the audio should play through it.
I don’t know about the sound yet, it doesn’t play video.

Which codec should I install separately for my Android car radio?
Android tends to prefer H264, while Apple seems to prefer H265.

I don't know about installing codecs on car radios, but I would expect any Android device to work with H264 out of the box, there is nothing unusual about the Viofo output... well depends a bit on which camera?

If you don't have H265 already installed on the radio, I suggest you stick to H264 since it is quite likely not capable of H265.

I just installed the K- light pack for Android, the video does not work in the application.

I just installed the K- light pack for Android, the video does not work in the application.

Change the video resolution to FHD.
Then try watching the FHD recorded video from the multimedia in your vehicle.
If you can watch FHD video , your multimedia does not support watching 2k QHD video.

Please note that the live video and the recorded 2k image are different because it reflects the instant live image at a lower resolution, even if it is in 2k resolution.

I wish you pleasant driving.

Change the video resolution to FHD.
Then try watching the FHD recorded video from the multimedia in your vehicle.
If you can watch FHD video , your multimedia does not support watching 2k QHD video.
The third-party VLC player reproduces 2K QHD files perfectly on the car radio, I conclude that the application player requires repair.
Please pay attention to this from Viofo support.

The third-party VLC player reproduces 2K QHD files perfectly on the car radio, I conclude that the application player requires repair.
Please pay attention to this from Viofo support.

vlc player generally plays all videos. Also this is a downloaded video. Have you tried downloading from the viofo app? Could it be that the wifi is suddenly insufficient? Have you done the FHD video test?

Have you done the FHD video test?
Wifi is good.
If a third-party player plays video, but the built-in one does not, then the problem is obvious.
It's impossible for Android 10 to not be able to play 2K videos
Why should I do the FHD test if Android copes perfectly with all resolutions, including online YouTube in 2K.

@gse Testing fhd is just to see if it plays the video. Try making sure your application and camera are up to date. By the way, if you send the Android version, they will respond accordingly. Mine is just a suggestion and advice without any cost. My goal is just to help.

Тестирование fhd просто для того, чтобы посмотреть, воспроизводит ли оно видео. Попробуйте убедиться, что ваше приложение и камера обновлены.
Thank you.
Yes, I have everything updated.
This will only show that the application, for example, can reproduce FHD and cannot reproduce 2 K.
I will check tomorrow.

@gse Testing fhd is just to see if it plays the video. Try making sure your application and camera are up to date. By the way, if you send the Android version, they will respond accordingly. Mine is just a suggestion and advice without any cost. My goal is just to help.
I checked, it works at a resolution of 1920*1080, but it doesn’t work higher.

The problem is in the application. Perhaps it is not adapted for car android.
Just like many applications work on pure Android, but on Android designed for a TV or car they refuse to work or do not work to their full potential.

Maybe you can check later with our latest version, we fixed a playback 4K files issue for Android, and I am not sure your posted issue is the same as we resolved.

Back