Viofo Bluetooth 3x button unit LN

LateralNW

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
VArious
I just finished testing this unit.

Before you use it make sure you reset your camera to prevent possible oddness creeping in.
Viofo BTR200 closeup of the button..jpg
The main button can't be configured on the unit or in the app. (I believe there is a user on here who has modified the firmware so it can be changed. (Sorry I can't remember your alias atm.)

Here are all the functions that can be assigned to both the Mic button and the Action button.
Turn on/off microphone
Take a photo
Turn on/off WiFi
Power off
Switch to timelapse recording
Turn on/off HDR

It is nice to know you can control your A229Pro or VS1 (Still to test) to enable HDR other than at the times set in the unit. Unfortunately it will stop recording while it switches on or off the HDR which may or maynot be an issue for some.

I think my Video example on how to use the button is better than the Viofo one.

Unfortunately it will stop recording while it switches on or off the HDR which may or maynot be an issue for some.

I noticed my A119 Mini 2 does that too when I use the HDR timer and it leaves a gap in the video. At first, as I was becoming familiar with the unit, it really freaked me out because the camera would suddenly say, "recording started" for what seemed to be no apparent reason in the middle of a long drive. It took a while to realize that this was corresponding with the time I'd set for the HDR timer to switch on after reviewing some footage. It is conceivable that the gap in the video coverage could occur during a moment when you really need to capture something.

At least with the Bluetooth button you can do this manually, so you can choose an opportune moment to switch HDR on and off knowing it will leave a several second gap in the footage.

Back