Viofo did it again (updated)

Dashmellow

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Umpteen
Wirecutter, from the New York Times has chosen the Viofo A229 Pro as one of the two best dash cams of 2024. The MioFive S1/ S1 Ultra was the budget winner.

To save people the effort of working it out, the article appears identical to last time it was published, except as described in the change log:

We’ve added the Miofive S1 Ultra as a budget pick with a rear camera.
August 2024

Viofo are certainly the brand for me

My 2 x A119 V3's are still going strong with no issues

Then i overkilled on monthly data with 45 GB.
TBH i dont even think you can get as little as 5 Gb/mo data plan here, you will probably have to go to burner SIM cards to do that.

I an enjoying cloud on the 70mai system, but i am not sure it is a deal breaker for me i have to say.
But of course this is all very new to me.

TBH i dont even think you can get as little as 5 Gb/mo data plan here

A couple of years ago I found a fantastic cell provider called US Mobile that will sell you any kind of no contract plan you want at remarkably low prices and you can even switch between all three major US networks on the fly if you need to if you happen to be in a location where one will work faster or better than another. I use the Verizon network which provides great coverage which is often a problem in the rural area where I live because of all the mountains, hills and valleys. Amazing customer service too from Pakistan. The founder of the company is a Pakistani immigrant in the US and he has created something rather unique and special here that nobody I talk to seems to have ever heard of. Glad I found them.

Anyway, they will sell you as little as 2GB/month for as little as $8.00 USD per month, taxes and fees included.

They tend to upload short lower quality proxy versions of event videos. 1 Mbps datarate is reasonable. Say 30 minutes of live viewing a month and 30 minutes of event videos, equals less than half a GB.

Constant streaming and saving to the cloud just isn't going to happen.

Back