VIOFO HK4 Hardwire kit installation - not using parking mode (to save battery)

kaotage

Reaction score
Country
Estonia
I have Viofo A229Pro dual camera system. How to connect VIOFO HK4 Type-C 3 Wires ACC Hardwire Kit if you do not intend to use parking mode? I still want it to hardwire the camera. But will never use parking mode. Do all three cables still need to be connected?
Car Corolla Hybrid 2024

Thank You
Kaotage

Welcome to the club.
Black to Ground
Red + Yellow to ACC (switched power)
When you start the car, the camera will operate in Normal Recording Mode.
When you turn off the car, the camera will shut off.
No parking mode.
-Chuck

Screenshot 2024-05-17 1.33.09 AM.png

Welcome to the club.
Black to Ground
Red + Yellow to ACC (switched power)
When you start the car, the camera will operate in Normal Recording Mode.
When you turn off the car, the camera will shut off.
No parking mode.
-Chuck
Thank you Vey much. Regards, Kaotage

Thank you Vey much. Regards, Kaotage
PP is correct, however, I would wire the yellow to the ACC fuse and red to permanent power, and then leave parking mode turned off in the settings.

Apart from giving you the option to easily turn parking mode on if you occasionally want it, you also get a faster startup. A229 Pro takes a while to start recording with a full boot up from zero power. It does of course us a tiny amount of extra power if it is not fully powered down.

PP is correct, however, I would wire the yellow to the ACC fuse and red to permanent power, and then leave parking mode turned off in the settings.

Apart from giving you the option to easily turn parking mode on if you occasionally want it, you also get a faster startup. A229 Pro takes a while to start recording with a full boot up from zero power. It does of course us a tiny amount of extra power if it is not fully powered down.
Thank you. This is what I did. Regards Kaotage

Back