Viofo SD Card Having Issues

SeanK_

Reaction score
Country
United States
Since I got the 256 GB SD card with my camera, it seems like its having problems recording and or being recognized. I randomly will get error messages saying I need to format the card when I turn it on, sometimes my computer won't see the card at all, and for some reason the camera would't update from lastest version unless I use another SD card.

I feel like this card is slowly failing. I don't know what else to do but format the card via the camera and make sure its on the right file system exFAT or FAT32 file system.

Since I got the 256 GB SD card with my camera, it seems like its having problems recording and or being recognized. I randomly will get error messages saying I need to format the card when I turn it on, sometimes my computer won't see the card at all, and for some reason the camera would't update from lastest version unless I use another SD card.

I feel like this card is slowly failing. I don't know what else to do but format the card via the camera and make sure its on the right file system exFAT or FAT32 file system.
Card should be FAT32 and formatted using Viofo's GUI tool: https://viofo.com/download/guiformat.exe

Try that first to see if that resolves the issue, then insert the card in your camera and format the card in there.

Card should be FAT32 and formatted using Viofo's GUI tool: https://viofo.com/download/guiformat.exe

Try that first to see if that resolves the issue, then insert the card in your camera and format the card in there.
I formatted my recommended Viofo 256 card in camera(A229 Pro) a couple of days ago, and it formatted it to exfat.

I formatted my recommended Viofo 256 card in camera(A229 Pro) a couple of days ago, and it formatted it to exfat.
That's the new firmware formatting it to exFAT by default.

I had issues too where it wouldnt go off the Format Card screen and kept looping, but managed to format it on PC to FAT32 using that tool and it stopped cracking the ****s with me

Back