VIOFO UPDATE SUGGESTIONS

Canon T-90

Reaction score
Country
United States
After using the camera for some time now I see a few things I'd like to pass along to the Co. for their consideration.
Within the parking mode menu you can have it record for x-hrs then shut down. It jumps from 12 to 24....any chance you can squeeze in an 18 hr.option.

The other thing I noticed & has been mentioned before is auto-reenabling Wi-Fi if initially turned on by the customer.

Lastly, can they include high temp readings. My last dash cam which is over 8 yrs old shows the highest temp on the recorded videos. It would be nice to not only have this info but if the camera shuts down due to temperature to have it turn back on once temps return to safe levels.

Last edited:
Within the parking mode menu you can have it record for x-hrs then shut down. It jumps from 12 to 24....any chance you can squeeze in an 18 hr.option.
Why do you specifically want 18 hours? If you have a good reason then Viofo are more likely to add the option...

If you have a battery with 24 hours parking mode capacity, and drive to the supermarket 5 minutes away, it would be good to have left a few hours of parking mode power in the battery to cover your supermarket parking, so 18 hours sounds a good option, but the A229 Pro needs a fairly large battery for a full 24 hours, so I'm wondering if maybe 16 hours would be more useful...

The other thing I noticed & has been mentioned before is auto-reenabling Wi-Fi if initially turned on by the customer.
I think they like to turn that off to reduce power consumption, and thus temperature. If it doesn't turn off by default then people tend to leave it on all summer. Maybe on the new cameras with more power efficient wifi 6, they could leave it on?

I think that in A229 Pro this is done because of the heating of the model, and the included Wi-Fi will add a couple of degrees.
Although it can be done like in another model. Turning off Wi-Fi after a certain time.
On the VS1 model, if Wi-Fi is included in the menu, it will be included at each start.
If within 10 minutes the Wi-Fi connection is not established, it will turn off.

I did notice recently that after I turned on Wi-Fi at the device but didn't start the app on my phone it disconnected after 10 minutes or so and after some time it attempted to reconnect. I'm guessing it wouldn't take a lot of additional code to auto enable when started. Give us customers the option.

Back