Viofo video

Rosie 61

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi I've just purchased a viofo pro duo, had it professionally installed
Because it has an app I assumed I could watch footage on my phone
It's very glitchy, freeze frame by frame
Do I need to put SD card in a laptop for smooth footage?

More than likely.

As a rough estimate a 3 minute dashcam clip can be in excess of 600Mb. Trying to stream that to a phone ........

The A129 Pro has fast wifi, it should play very smoothly, but I don't know about your phone.

Have you tried using the 5GHz wifi option? - you need to select this in the settings menu under "Wifi", and you need a phone with 5GHz, but most phones have 5GHz these days.

If streaming directly are a issue you can try to DL the video to the phone first before playing it from there.
Dashcam wifi are not like your home ( snap finger ) wifi at home, you for sure want to use 5 GHZ if it is possible, though that can still be fairly slow.
At least in the "old" days there have been talks about taking 5 min to DL a 3 min long video to the phone, but these things are also slowly changing too. Testing the new A229 camera i found that to DL a file to my phone was at least faster than it took to record it, and to a degree i would call it convenient and very useful.
But no way near the 500 mbit speeds i can get at home with my phone and my internet router, but wifi are off in my house it is all wires here, also when the wifi whores around me are awake and getting their fix, my seed do drop to 300 mbit due to congested airwaves.
So wires and my full 1000 mbit is what i use, and then the problem are more of the speed i can get from ?? site, and it rarely get to 1000 mbit. And still i might actually upgrade to 2500 mbit internet when i get the chance later this year.

Personally i do prefer to look at my dashcam footage on my PC with the card in a USB 3 card reader, and i intensely dislike to touch my phone,,,,, though i must accknowlege that at my age my eyes do like the big phone screen VS the little one on the dashcam when i do changes to settings / setting up the camera.

The A129 Pro has fast wifi, it should play very smoothly, but I don't know about your phone.

Have you tried using the 5GHz wifi option? - you need to select this in the settings menu under "Wifi", and you need a phone with 5GHz, but most phones have 5GHz these days.
I'm using Oppo R15 android, I'll have to test it out using a card reader in a laptop
Thanks

Looks an OK phone, it does have 5GHz wifi, so worth trying that.

The camera will be recording smoothly.

I'm using Oppo R15 android, I'll have to test it out using a card reader in a laptop
Thanks
Just in case you missed this option.

Your phone also has the ability to insert the micro sd card from the dashcam into it if you want to view or copy video to your internal memory on the phone.

It would be like streaming but directly on your phone so no delays.
Of course if you want to copy you can only copy video files up to the free storage on your phones internal memory.

Please try to use the 5GHz WiFi, the transfer speed can be up to 8MB/s.

Back