Voltage loss while connected on continuous power fuse

arpitjasm

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi awesome guys,
I recently hardwired my Dashcam (Kingslim 4K), and I think the internal battery in no good. Whenever I turn on the engine, the battery power falls and the dashcam enters the parking mode and stops recording. I have to manually turn it on. It will stay on till I start the car again. It records even when car is off, as it is connected to continuous source of power. What are my options here to make use of this dashcam and it should record continuously.
1. Can I connect it directly to the battery, so that there is no dip in voltage when I fire the engine?
2. I know one option is to open the dashcam and change internal battery, which when charged should take over when the voltage falls.
3. Last resort- get a new dashcam.

I really want to try the option 1, but wanted to know will it be a good thing to do?

Thanks in advance.

Try first, if there is an option, to turn off parking mode and see if the problem continue.
You need a hardwire kit to connect the dashcam directly to the battery. I don't know what type of hardwire kit should work for that dashcam because i've never heard of that brand.

L.E.: i have searched the brand, i didn't find any hardwire on their site. You may contact them to ask.
But... if they are marketing an IMX335 sensor dashcam as a 4K camera, i wouldn't expect an answer.

Last edited:
I will try switching off the parking mode and see. And will get a hardwiring kit, if I plan to go that way. Thanks for the inputs. Most importantly I wanted to know there is no harm in connecting dashcam directly to the battery. I already have a sub connected to the battery, through hardwire kit.

Back