Voltage to high? (see video)

Milamber

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Vantrue Nexus 4 Pro
This was installed by a pro! I'm not too sure the voltage is ok though... It's wired into a Power Magic Pro.

Last edited by a moderator:
Milamber said:
This was installed by a pro! I'm not too sure the voltage is ok though... It's wired into a Power Magic Pro.

your car will generally put out 13.8v at idle, a little more at higher revs, voltage is fine

I'm sure the original video looks much better but gee YouTube makes a mess of these with their re-encoding

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the FineVu CR-500 is probably the worst camera I have owned to date. The mount is terrible, shakes like a mofo, the camera gets very hot to touch, the view as you can see has a very withdrawn view from the viewing area, exposing the dash too much and the quality is terrible, lacking detail... it's over sharp even on the lowest setting - there was another member on here that had similar concerns; my advice is to stay away.

yeah you do have a lot of dash showing, wasn't sure how it was mounted, I don't see any of the dash at all from mine, just figured you must have had some unusual mount going on

Back