Water Proof Cases

Userdeletedqqq

Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
Hey I've been seeing a lot of case fore the Yi on ebay and gearbest but I was wonder which is the better in quality and durability. Im probably gonna drop the camera more than using in water...
Thanks

There is a brilliant review on youtube, that reviews 5 different water proof cases: it can be found here.

As for durability, I have the official Xiaomi Yi water proof case, I have dropped it several times and thrown it into water quite hard and from a heigh hight. No damage to the actual camera however the front button of the case (not front button of camera) has cracked, but this does not let water in so it is trivial.

Take care

Yeah, I've got one of them, I was hoping to get the official one since I heard the front glass is better. I've got this one by the way,
If you're looking at it OP, its pretty solid, the front lens looks pretty cheap though, it hasn't scratched

@LiangShui
Why? Xiaomi released new version of case with metal buttons, they are in your link. Already ordered one.

Last edited by a moderator:
@LiangShui
Why? Xiaomi released new version of case with metal buttons, they are in your link. Already ordered one.

My bad then, I was not aware of new version, will edit above post

Last edited by a moderator:
Back