Waterproof Action Camera

arcticfire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are there any bullet style action cams that are inherently waterproof without the need for a case? It's for cycling, so small form factor is a must, but I'm struggling to find anything?

How about:

Thanks, that's an interesting concept. I was hoping for something I could strap to the side of my helmet to help eliminate camera shake as much as possible, so I'm not sure how that would work with a powerbank? It rains a lot here.

It's literally a 10 min ride a few times a day, so I was thinking something discreet like the Mobius C2 would be fine with the internal battery and I could just velcro it to my helmet. But I don't think it's weatherproof? I've seen a weatherproof case for it and wasn't sure if it would be too bulky and just how weatherproof it would be. I suppose it would also add some knock protection.

Do you know if the Mobius image automatically levelled if the device is turned on its side? EDIT: I've discovered it has an auto-rotate feature.

Last edited:
I've been having a look and I wonder if this combination could be a nice solution as I think the wider FOV would be better? It seems small enough for a helmet mount, which would also make charging it easy as I could just keep it on the helmet?

The old contour roams were big, but reliable, and waterproof.

I am using a cheap waterproof chinese bodycam on a bicycle now. Not thrilled with the mounting options, or video.
Cs02 cam sold by various vendors.
I have a led headlight powered by a power bank, so intended to try a mobius, (when i remember where i put it!)

Do you know if the Mobius image automatically levelled if the device is turned on its side? EDIT: I've discovered it has an auto-rotate feature.

I don’t think the original Mobius has the auto rotate feature. Maxi, if I remember correctly, yes.

I don’t think the original Mobius has the auto rotate feature. Maxi, if I remember correctly, yes.

Yes it did have an auto rotate feature. I never got to test it out, but it was there in the settings.

The old contour roams were big, but reliable, and waterproof.

I am using a cheap waterproof chinese bodycam on a bicycle now. Not thrilled with the mounting options, or video.
Cs02 cam sold by various vendors.
I have a led headlight powered by a power bank, so intended to try a mobius, (when i remember where i put it!)

I'm still undecided as to what to do. The main supplier of the Mobius in the UK appears to be Webbex, but mine died within hours and customer service was far from friendly. On eBay the manufacturer listing from eletoponline365 ships from China and delivery times are up to two months - and then what if something goes wrong with this one? The rest is all from American vendors with crazy postage costs.

I think I'll need to find an alternative, which is a shame because the Mobius did seem perfect.

The inexpensive bodycam I tried wasn't working out well. The clamshell frame with a spring loaded clip wasn't staying on the bike.
I am going to try one with a secondary tripod mount thread on the body, next. (Boblov A22)

I had 4 or 5 old mobius cameras in a ziplock bag, but they have vanished.

I want something a little weatherproof, OK video, nothing exotic.

Here is an early morning clip from the CS02.
Nothing exciting, except some dogs chase me at the end.
I mostly ride in early morning at this point because it is cooler, no traffic, and I am learning 'safe' routes through town prior to using the bike more in better weather. I need the exercise, now, and this city is pretty flat. ;) I can get anywhere I normally go in 20 minutes or less.

Here is an early morning clip from the CS02.
Nothing exciting, except some dogs chase me at the end.
I mostly ride in early morning at this point because it is cooler, no traffic, and I am learning 'safe' routes through town prior to using the bike more in better weather. I need the exercise, now, and this city is pretty flat. ;) I can get anywhere I normally go in 20 minutes or less.

Thanks, it's not the sharpest but I suppose you can still see what's going on. I reckon having something on your body or helmet would probably be better, that was the route I was going to take. I'm still on the hunt.

Thanks, it's not the sharpest but I suppose you can still see what's going on. I reckon having something on your body or helmet would probably be better, that was the route I was going to take. I'm still on the hunt.
Really, there is no reason there are not many mobius sized, competent cameras out by now.

I am in same situation, if order a new mobius from a reliable vendor, customs and shipping makes it too costly for what it is.

This is the a22, to the right of the light. I started a separate thread in this category.

IMG_20220730_125738.jpg

The Original mobius (M1) had a Sensor Module available (permanently) rotated by 90º thus able to film when on the side. It is not advertised on the website, but I wrote them few months ago they had still that available on request.

Back