Way to trigger parking mode without car ignition

Mulder

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hi
Having the camera hardwired with Hk4.
In case I turned off the camera after car engine is off, and after some hours I went back and turn the camera only on,
although all possible parking mode settings are on, the camera is recording continuously in driving mode.

Is there a way to let a turned-on camera sample the state of the car, if it is standing for 3 min trigger automatically parking mode scenario.

I want to avoid turning on and turning off my car for such scenarios to trigger "late " parking mode intentions.
Any help appreciated

It should go into parking mode after 5 minutes. I don't know if it actually does in that specific situation? Give it a test if you haven't already...

It should go into parking mode after 5 minutes. I don't know if it actually does in that specific situation? Give it a test if you haven't already...
Where is it specified, it seems it doesn't work, as I did this test and I was recording several hours in driving mode :rolleyes:, while parking.
Parking mode seems to be triggered just as a result of turning my car engine off for now, any changes in camera state afterward ruins the parking mode trigger.

Where is it specified, it seems it doesn't work, as I did this test and I was recording several hours in driving mode :rolleyes:, while parking.
Parking mode seems to be triggered just as a result of turning my car engine off for now, any changes in camera state afterward ruins the parking mode trigger.
@VIOFO-Support said it works here. (click on the link):

However the circumstances are a little different, you are using the hardwire kit and not the charging cable as instructed in that post.

It may be possible for Viofo to fix this for you, if you ask, It does seem like a fault that maybe nobody thought about before.

I think you can also solve the problem by turning the ignition on, then off again, instead of just turning the camera on? Or maybe I don't understand why this is actually an issue?

@VIOFO-Support said it works here. (click on the link):

However the circumstances are a little different, you are using the hardwire kit and not the charging cable as instructed in that post.

It may be possible for Viofo to fix this for you, if you ask, It does seem like a fault that maybe nobody thought about before.

I think you can also solve the problem by turning the ignition on, then off again, instead of just turning the camera on? Or maybe I don't understand why this is actually an issue?
I can solve it by turning on my car and right then switching off just for parking mode, but doing it possible many times a week sounds like an overkill to car's battery:facepalm:

Back