Weeeeeeeee

Caerus

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
DCTeam, A118, A119S-V2
Just for some context. This was how the roads were that night.

M2YhfIW.jpg

I use to hold driving courses for myself every year when we had some snow here, but sadly ESP and ABS brakes and so forth have killed all the fun of doing that.
Allso it have become harder to find a open paved area to do it, cuz offcourse one dont do stuff like that on public streets.

I use to hold driving courses for myself every year when we had some snow here, but sadly ESP and ABS brakes and so forth have killed all the fun of doing that.
Allso it have become harder to find a open paved area to do it, cuz offcourse one dont do stuff like that on public streets.

Every year when we have the first snowfall I make it a point to go out and get a little practice in a safe location just to remind myself what I can and cannot do. This even though we get significant amounts of snow and ice every year. I figure there should be a least one person around me that has some idea of how to drive in that stuff and if that one person happens to be me all the better.

We get about one noteworthy snowfall a year here, it lasts a few days, then gets washed away by the rain.

Once in university, I went to school on a snow day. Hardly anybody else drove in, so the parking lot was nearly empty. After class, I got in the car and started doing donuts in the lot. It was lots of fun! Then while I was sliding sideways, I noticed the streetlights that grew out of the parking lot here and there, which I hadn't paid any attention to earlier. The nose of my car slid scaringly close to one. It was surrounded by plenty of concrete. I think I missed it by a few inches. Decided the school's parking lot wasn't such a good place to have fun, and went home. Car fully intact.

I used to work in the used car department of an auto dealership as a mechanic. i was one of the guys who had to check/fix every vehicle that was traded in by customers before we could sell them again.

once, we got a CTS-V and my boss and i decided to take it to lunch, with me driving. as we were leaving the parking lot, i made a point to hold down the traction control button till it said it was disabled. boss got a big grin on his face. on the way to lunch, i saw an opportunity to blast out of a U-turn and let the tail slide out a bit... had the car all set up going thru the turn, and was really getting into the gas as i exited the turn. just as i started to countersteer to keep the tail in check, i hear DING DING DING DING and the computer cut the throttle on me. i look down and the little display on the dash says TRACTION ACTIVE.

BOOOOOoooooo...... :(

damn nanny state.

Back