Weird problem with VIOFO HK3 Hardware Kit

CYPER

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
So I have Viofo A129 Pro Duo and my previous hardware kit died, so got sent a new one.

I connected the kit to my fuse box using fuse taps and measured the voltages with a multimeter to make sure everything works correct.
ACC cable receives voltage only on ignition and the red cable all the time. The car is BMW X6 50i F16 2015.

1 - When the USB cable from the kit is connected to the GPS module = camera powers on and works.
2 - When the same USB cable is connected directly to the camera = it doesn't power up.
3 - Another cable coming straight from a car charger when connected directly to camera = works.

I measured the voltage on the USB cable from the hardware kit = 5.54V I also measured the metal pins on the GPS module with the cable connected = 5.54V too.
Coming from car charger = 5.08V

So basically cable from kit has voltage, but only works when connected to GPS module and not directly to camera.
It is very weird. Any idea what is happening?

Here are photos of the fuse box + diagram:

AqCn6FB.jpg

jLA8hBS.jpg
w2Yspt7.jpg

If you connect the HK3 kit directly to the camera, then manually power on the camera, does it work?

BMW electronics are always fun. If money is not an issue, I would wire it to a Celink battery and use the 12V adaptor. Nevertheless, good luck.

Back