Well, this has a nice surprise ending

zapstrap

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have to admit, this is satisfying to watch, even if it is just the audio that matters...

But he did run a red light. It was way yellow even before he crossed the intersection. Unless Canada has some other rules. Here, you have to make it across the intersection before it turns red.

Maybe you want to look at that again. It was green when he was past the safe stopping distance, turned yellow as he entered and then red as he completed his turn. Hardly an unsafe or illegal maneuver. As a matter of fact that yellow to red was pretty darned quick. The law says the yellow must be on for a minimum of 3 seconds, 5 seconds is the generally accepted standard. I counted exactly 3 seconds. However, since he was already in the intersection, he had every right to complete his turn. It looks like that cop knew full well it was a short yellow and was looking to get a little "badge heavy", that is until he knew he was being recorded.

There is another 100 dashcam sales :D

2nqv0bq.jpg

He entered when it was way yellow. Cop had a good view because lights on his side were showing the lights.

He entered when it was way yellow

That's correct, but remember he was driving a semi tractor, so at the point it turned yellow he would not have been able to safely stop in my opinion. It seems the cop realized that as well eventually.

Wow dude. It was a non issue. Not unsafe. No one died. The point was that the cop got realllllly friendly once he realized that he was being recorded and it had the potential to be a YouTube moment.

I love ya man....:D

Well, there was children present earlier and a school bus. Seems like the cop was out there for them and public safety? He also was laughing at the start of the encounter which didn't make things better either. He was also argumentative when he was in the wrong about the log books and such. I don't think the cop should have apologized. I'm not a pro cop type of person either. I've been berated by a cop before when I did nothing wrong, I was totally angry after that fact. 15 years later, I'm still angry about it :mad: I was also harassed by a border checkpoint agent who called me a liar. Not all of them are good, not all are bad.

I wonder if the truck drivers here will sympathize with the trucker or cop.

Yes, he explained why he was laughing. He said he was embarrassed at being pulled over as his co-workers could see him. I doubt the cop would have apologized if he didn't think he did anything wrong. I commend the cop for admitting he was having a bad day and that he took it out on the trucker.

BTW, my son is a cop, RCMP, so I doubt anyone would call me a cop basher, but when you are wrong, you are wrong, regardless who you are.

Makes me wonder if there had been no dashcam would the cop still have apologised for his boorish behaviour, probably not.
As a so called professional person having a bad day earlier there is no excuse to take it out on the next sucker who comes along.
The cops bosses should be made aware of the video, what happens the next time he has a bad day ...shoot someone perhaps?

Maybe you Canadians are overly sensitive. This is normal behavior by the police here o_O I would say you have a 50/50 chance of this encounter here if you get pulled over. Thats why I'm not too concerned about the trucker getting his feelings hurt in this case. This wasn't even that bad :D

This is normal behavior by the police here o_O I would say you have a 50/50 chance of this encounter here if you get pulled over.

And that my friend is exactly why you will never need to build a wall on your northern border :D

I've been to the southern border, the wall might not be too high but they patrol the area like crazy. I seen video where there isn't even a wall in Canadian borders.

I think we have a 10% chance of getting beaten or tazed during a traffic stop here. Just look at our news and see normal people getting arrested for minor things or trying to argue their way out of a ticket. So I consider the trucker lucky that he was not in California yet because he might have been whacked in the head a few times and had his footage erasesed.

I seen video where there isn't even a wall in Canadian borders.
?????? I think the closest thing you will come to a wall between Canada and the US is the Peace Arch ;)
Google worlds longest undefended border.....

The light was somewhat questionable. He could have stopped, he had no trailer.

I've had a couple of situations where an over stressed cop acted like he was going to send me to prison for life. It's one time you back off, keep your mouth shut, be civil, and let him cool down. In both situations the cop cooled down while sitting in the car and running my license, or whatever he did while sitting there for 10-20 minutes.
Didn't get an apology, but leaving without a ticket I had to return to a distant state to fight was good enough.

I'm disappointed, when I saw the caption Goodbye House I thought he was going to demolish the house with his truck. :D

Back