What are some solutions to reducing night glare and reflections on the A119?

SeeNoEvo

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just received mine yesterday and noticed it severely suffers from both. Anyone with the A119 or similar have any solutions to reducing both?

For reflection, you try a dash mat or get the CPL when it comes out. CPL will make night video darker though.

I just received mine yesterday and noticed it severely suffers from both. Anyone with the A119 or similar have any solutions to reducing both?

I would try the WDR Resolution which they say "automatically adjust lighting features to enhance clarity and reduce glare"... and I would add day or night.

I would try the WDR Resolution which they say "automatically adjust lighting features to enhance clarity and reduce glare"... and I would add day or night.

I understand lighting plays a significant role as well. My first recording with this unit was shot 1080p 60fps, open skys and direct sunlight above(default settings, except resolution). It does look alright, really not as advertised or as I've seen in other videos with the same unit. I then set most settings to on, but cannot remember exactly if I enabled WDR (I think I did), but I did set it to 1440 30fps, but later in the day it became cloudy and gray out. It definitely looked worse than the latter. I will upload some videos soon comparing different res and weather and time settings.

Last edited:
what's everyone doing to overcome daytime glare from the dashboard etc?

Attachments

• 2016-07-29_11-40-55.jpg
    2016-07-29_11-40-55.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 45
Mine is suffering from fairly severe glare and reflections as well. I have WDR on and resolution is set at 1440p. The reflection is also apparent at night. I also would like to know how to alleviate this.

Back