What are the odds?

sludgeguts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius x3, G1W held as spare.
14th October, this idiot almost rams me on my way into work
Today, I guess I was lucky the main road was busy, Had I been able to pull out sooner...

Seems like this guy makes a habit out of driving recklessly? The fact that I don't see him more often makes me wonder if he's really late for picking kids up to take them to school?

or his driver license suspended :D
I have a feeling something as mundane as a suspended license wouldn't stop someone like this from driving. :rolleyes:

at least until our current licenses are replaced with MultiPass. :D
actress%20leeloo%20multipass%20the%20fifth%20element%20bruce%20willis%20milla%20jovovich%201368x804%20wallpaper_www.knowledgehi.com_25.jpg

14th October, this idiot almost rams me on my way into work
Today, I guess I was lucky the main road was busy, Had I been able to pull out sooner...

Seems like this guy makes a habit out of driving recklessly? The fact that I don't see him more often makes me wonder if he's really late for picking kids up to take them to school?

still haven't taken your magnets off perhaps ;)

I assume that is some kind of school bus because of sign in front of car, you should notify school district or the police.
This driver should not have children aboard, you video proves that it's not just one time.

The guy is an idiot and certainly shouldn't be carrying kids in his bus when he's driving like that. You really should report him for everybody's sake.

Hehe the 5 element, the 1 and only movie i ever pirated, it just dident feel right to me.

Yeah it's immense on the big screen with the sound turned up - that bit with the opera singing is amazing on a THX system!

Definitely a film that doesn't get the love it deserves!

As for the bus driver he should not be driving kids and would be safer stacking shelves or flipping burgers.

Last edited:
Interesting, a couple of replies on the later vid say that the vehicle isn't insured.
Now, I reported this guy after the first incident - local council say it's not a taxi & the people who deal with school transport say it's not on their books - so I'm guessing it may have been used a long time ago & no-one bothered taking the school signs off?
After the second incident, I, again, reported to police. It's on their radar & if they see it, they'll have words with the driver.
Seems a strange response bearing in mind the lack of insurance?
Sadly, there's still too few dashcams on the roads & this guy will end up causing an incident & being able to drive away whilst everyone else is sat in wreckage.

Yeah that is true mate - checking on askmid.com shows it's not insured currently unless it's a massive coincidence and has just run out (doubtful though). Usually that website is bang up to date. Wonder if they're using traders insurance maybe?

That's what really annoys me - people driving around with no insurance like that causing accidents which makes premiums higher for those of us who do pay. Hope they get the book thrown at them for sure - these days you would have thought that it would be picked up as we have ANPR cameras everywhere up here - petrol stations, shops, retail parks, you just wouldn't be able to get away with it.

It's good that you take action on this driver.
Here we can get owner of a car by sending sms to many phone operators, price is 1 or 2 euros or so. I can get car details, who is the owner, and insurance company,
some people can hide this information, mostly because of security reasons, police and such.
Is there such service in UK?

Erm I think if you're involved in an accident you can pay the DVLA who the licensing agency a fee for the registered keeper address - I guess they do the same sort of thing you're getting electronically really but I think the cost is higher.

https://www.gov.uk/request-information-from-dvla

Give it ten years and a few billion and we'll be able to request it via SMS too :)

That's what really annoys me - people driving around with no insurance like that causing accidents which makes premiums higher for those of us who do pay. Hope they get the book thrown at them for sure - these days you would have thought that it would be picked up as we have ANPR cameras everywhere up here - petrol stations, shops, retail parks, you just wouldn't be able to get away with it.
Information overload. they have so much info flowing in constantly, they don't know what to do with it all, so unless they're looking for something specific, it probably gets ignored.

Information overload. they have so much info flowing in constantly, they don't know what to do with it all, so unless they're looking for something specific, it probably gets ignored.
And yet, when you watch the UK cops on camera programmes, their ANPR system scans hundreds per minute & they get flashing warnings plus siren if any plate is flagged as uninsured, untaxed or untested. therefore, any street mounted ANPR would surely do the same - and possibly send notification to nearest police station?
Yeah that is true mate - checking on askmid.com shows it's not insured currently unless it's a massive coincidence and has just run out (doubtful though). Usually that website is bang up to date. Wonder if they're using traders insurance maybe?

Very popular in certain sections of our society. (without wishing to sound racist).

Had to fill in a report form for non-emergency reporting of offences.
Got a surprise call on my mobile, local plod are VERY interested in this vehicle since not only is it uninsured, it is also untaxed and has no current MOT certificate!
SO, had I decided to 'teach this guy a lesson' by maybe slowing down in front of him - I could have found this minibus embedded in my tailgate & my insurance paying for all the damage!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sabe Your Dash Cam Videos (recorded by you) 7