What do I do now?

LaLaLandPaddy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Put a 2 channel in one vehicle. It works well. Then I put one in our second but only used it with the ciggy adapter. I must admit that during the 3 months using the ciggy adapter I never once really checked to see if it was really working - never downloaded any vids to the phone. The first one worked so well I just assumed that the second one did also. Today I finally got around to hardwiring it. Red wire is constantly hot and the yellow is switched/accessory, yeah? Start the vehicle and all that I see happening is the Record light slowly blinking. If I long press the Power button nothing seems to change. I unplugged the hardwired power and put it back on the ciggy adapter and it is the same. The Record light just slowly blinks regardless of my pushing the Power button so I've no clue whether it's on or off.

if you are experiencing problems with a fresh HW kit install, i would do a test with the regular PSU just to at least make sure it is not the camera. ( just noticed you did that ,,,, selective reader here )
Just verified red is battery and yellow is ACC.

Tru to start with no memory card.
Try to reset hardware, pressing ( press and hold while powered on ) the button inside the little hole on the L side of the camera beside the MIC

Takk. On the left side I see two identical holes marked MIC and R. The User Manual says the R is for Reset.
Should I stick a paperclip in there before I power it up or can I wait until the power is on?
Should I try it without the memory card first or try it with the card first? (I'm wondering if I ever formatted this card)

Yeah i think you can press the button in there and then power up too you should be able to feel when you hit the reset button in there, they are normally only a few mm deep.

If the card is new cameras will often ask to format it, the A138 say please insert memory card as i recall, i assume both if none are there or the one there do not work, though i have to admit i never had a faulty card in my A139

If the camera start without the card in it, and ask for a card, then the problem is probably the memory card.
If possible you can try to test the card on a computer using the Sdformatter program, and / or you could test its integrity wit the little H2test2 program ( write / verify )

Put a 2 channel in one vehicle. It works well. Then I put one in our second but only used it with the ciggy adapter. I must admit that during the 3 months using the ciggy adapter I never once really checked to see if it was really working - never downloaded any vids to the phone. The first one worked so well I just assumed that the second one did also. Today I finally got around to hardwiring it. Red wire is constantly hot and the yellow is switched/accessory, yeah? Start the vehicle and all that I see happening is the Record light slowly blinking. If I long press the Power button nothing seems to change. I unplugged the hardwired power and put it back on the ciggy adapter and it is the same. The Record light just slowly blinks regardless of my pushing the Power button so I've no clue whether it's on or off.
Parking mode is blinking Red record usually, and locks button controls atleast firmware 1.5 does. So you could be in parking mode ? But try this, you must have a powerbank and usb c cable, use that to power on the camera. See if it works, i don't think the ciggy light. thing can be bad and the hardwire kit too, so it must be camera if power bank usb c does not put it in recording. For ****s and giggles take the sd card from other camera and try that and see if you can get into recording mode.

Back