What does 'Resetting' mean?

JEJeffrey

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
From time to time my 612GW shuts down, displays 'RESETTING', then comes back on again. I can find no reference to this anywhere in the documentation. It may be a coincidence, but the battery doesn't hold charge for long - perhaps this is linked?

Just out of interest off topic from your question but does the 612 capture motion ie when the car is parked up people walking/driving past or parking near you? Can't find much info about this out. As I am looking at upgrading my 312 to the 612?

Hi JeJeffrey,

You're right, it is indeed linked. I think you'll be getting the message 'RECOVERING' rather than 'RESETTING', is that correct? In which case it's certainly a battery issue.
I'd advise:
1) Take your Dash Cam inside your house
2) Turn the 'Parking Mode' OFF
3) Plug in the Dash Cam using a mains charger or USB charger.
4) Charge the Dash Cam for 3 hours with the camera ON
5) Once the Dash Cam has finished charging, un-plug it and leave it ON for 10-15 minutes.
6a) If the Dash Cam remains on for the 10-15 minute duration and then dies, the camera is fine and just needed a good charge. You will need to recharge the camera again as you will have just drained the battery, but after that the Dash Cam should be good to go again back into your car. The battery is probably draining too low due to being activated regularly with Parking Mode without getting sufficiently re-charged.
6b) OR: If you complete step 1 to 5, but the camera dies very soon after un-plugging (record how long it takes to die), it could be a battery issue. Let me know how soon it dies. If it's anything under 5 minutes, I'd recommend returning the Dash Cam to the store and exchanging it for one without a battery issue. If you're no longer in warranty, or have any issues at all, just let me know.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Thanks, Millie. I have tried all your suggestions and found other problems (for example, after charging it the screen was white, ie no picture - and I couldn't switch it off but had to let the battery run down). I have had it for only a month and the store have said they will replace it, but I am worried that they have no stock, which seems to imply the model has been withdrawn. They are sure they will be able to find another, but I wonder if I should opt for an alternative instead?.

Hi JeJeffrey,

Yup, that's a direct fault with the camera. My personal favourite camera is the 612, so I'd absolutely suggest sticking with it. We still stock the 612, so it definitely hasn't been withdrawn by us. I'm not sure where you've bought the Dash Cam from, but if you experience any problems with sourcing a replacement 612 through them, send me a message and I'll sort you one out directly from here.

Let me know how you get on.

Millie

Hi JeJeffrey,

Yup, that's a direct fault with the camera. My personal favourite camera is the 612, so I'd absolutely suggest sticking with it. We still stock the 612, so it definitely hasn't been withdrawn by us. I'm not sure where you've bought the Dash Cam from, but if you experience any problems with sourcing a replacement 612 through them, send me a message and I'll sort you one out directly from here.

Let me know how you get on.

Millie
Millie - just following up. I have collected the promised replacement (from Halfords, who were helpful) and it seems to be fine. I have for the time being disabled Parking mode in case this drains the battery, but once I have had the unit in use for a few journeys/days I will reinstate that. Thanks for your encouragement.

My pleasure, I'm glad to hear exchanging it went smoothly. Any issues at all, just let me know.

Millie

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M 612GW 6