What else is a dashcam good for?

MiiHere

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mobius
I finally utilized my dashcam for the first time the other day, other than to post videos of idiots.

After leaving a client's house I got all the way home and couldn't remember if I closed the garage door. Being that I was parked in the driveway, a quick video reference showed I had. I'd say I got my $130 worth. (:

Good way to refresh your memory ;)

It's good for drunk drivers.
They can watch video of where they came from when they are lost. :D

Yes, but not much help in remembering where they parked the car, unless they find the car.
:(

Today, one of my passengers was asking about my camera (Mobius).
He's seen a clip on youtube from a user in (I think) New York where he's fixed a camera (camcorder?) to a wheelchair and is using footage to show how bad pavements are/how difficult it is to get around in a wheelchair.

Möbius makes a good body cam/ button hole spy can. The body can be adapted to let the lens out the back/font ( can't remember which) and a c lens makes a nice button you can film from for two hours with legendary sensative sound quality....
Wanting to use one on a night out !

Oh, I thought of another use. Watching the footage from my cam reminds me to clean up my language. (some day)
:)

Stone cold evidence never go over good with ppl thats in the wrong, really is stunning how quick and easy a person can convince itself that something it think is true or happened.

"No, honey, you actually DIDN'T tell me that on the way home last night."

Which will go over equally as well as "F*** you, b****!" :rolleyes:

Six simple rules for a happy life with a woman. :D

1. Whatever is on her mind at this very moment in time is the single most important thing in the known universe. (Note: This may change in the next 3 seconds or less.) If she wants to talk about dinner plans for the week after next and you're trying to put out a fire in the garage that's threatening to burn down the entire house - dinner plans are more important.

2. If you think what you're doing is more important - see Rule 1.

3. A woman is never wrong - period.

4. If she is wrong, even if you can prove it, see Rule 3.

5. If you are talking about something and she says she's not interested - shut up, be quiet, change the subject, leave the room, etc.

6 If she's talking about something and you're not interested - see Rule 1.

Six simple rules for a happy life with a woman. :D

1. Whatever is on her mind at this very moment in time is the single most important thing in the known universe. (Note: This may change in the next 3 seconds or less.) If she wants to talk about dinner plans for the week after next and you're trying to put out a fire in the garage that's threatening to burn down the entire house - dinner plans are more important.

2. If you think what you're doing is more important - see Rule 1.

3. A woman is never wrong - period.

4. If she is wrong, even if you can prove it, see Rule 3.

5. If you are talking about something and she says she's not interested - shut up, be quiet, change the subject, leave the room, etc.

6 If she's talking about something and you're not interested - see Rule 1.
:D

THX for the pointers @DT MI :)

But as i have been without for 49 years now i see no reason to take a chance and start now.

Ill take a good friend ( F or M ) over a wife anytime, in my world a good friend is much better then a wife, problem is good friends is even harder to find than a good wife.
I have been looking for friends for 49 years, and so far i only found one.
I use to think i had a lot of friends, but as it turned out my standarts for friendship was just far too low back then.

"No, honey, you actually DIDN'T tell me that on the way home last night."

Which will go over equally as well as "F*** you, b****!" :rolleyes:
LOL!!

Last edited:
I used it once to film the damage from the accident I was involved in on New Year's Eve, before the car went to the body shop for repairing. Sorry about the typo at the end. My English was a bit rusty back then. :oops:

A while ago I was driving along and went across a traffic light. I noticed that the car next to me was stopped and I found it odd. Suddenly it occured to me that I may have spaced out and ran a red light.
A few minute later I connected to my BlackVue via wifi and went over the video. If I had accidentally run the red I also wanted to know if there was a traffic light camera there and if I was to expect a ticket.
Luckily, light was green... donno why the other driver has stopped.
Saved me a heart attack :)

I used it once to film the damage from the accident I was involved in on New Year's Eve, before the car went to the body shop for repairing. Sorry about the typo at the end. My English was a bit rusty back then. :oops:

All great uses.

How much were the repairs for this accident? I always like to take a stab, but being from different countries I'm not certain what shops make. I'd still guess it at 7-8 thousand euro?

A while ago I was driving along and went across a traffic light. I noticed that the car next to me was stopped and I found it odd. Suddenly it occured to me that I may have spaced out and ran a red light.
A few minute later I connected to my BlackVue via wifi and went over the video. If I had accidentally run the red I also wanted to know if there was a traffic light camera there and if I was to expect a ticket.
Luckily, light was green... donno why the other driver has stopped.
Saved me a heart attack :)

Always a great learning tool. The other day I had a brain fart, I was too busy watching a guy on a bicycle peddling down the middle of 4 lanes of hwy traffic, in the dark, without any safety gear that I didn't notice someone I was meant to yield too. It's one of those times I wish I had a scrolling LED light on the back; "oops. sorry!"

All great uses.

How much were the repairs for this accident? I always like to take a stab, but being from different countries I'm not certain what shops make. I'd still guess it at 7-8 thousand euro?
575€, but it was a long story. ;)

Back