What is the ABCD Folder that created on my Memory Card

Kenco

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just lately i've noticed a Folder labled ABCD on my Memory Card which contains some video clips, I haven't seen anyone commenting about this Folder name but i assume these to be Locked Files.
Can anyone confirm.

Just lately i've noticed a Folder labled ABCD on my Memory Card which contains some video clips, I haven't seen anyone commenting about this Folder name but i assume these to be Locked Files.
Can anyone confirm.
I have not checked my G1W recently, but when i was first playing around with it I had noticed that if i had stopped recording and then started again or powered down the device and turned it back on I would end up with 4 or 5 folders that said something like ABCD1153292.
So I am guessing it creates a new folder every time you turn it off and on or record, stop, and record again.

I have not checked my G1W recently, but when i was first playing around with it I had noticed that if i had stopped recording and then started again or powered down the device and turned it back on I would end up with 4 or 5 folders that said something like ABCD1153292.
So I am guessing it creates a new folder every time you turn it off and on or record, stop, and record again.

Thanks for reply i was thinking it was just me as nobody else had mentioned it,
bit strange though as there was a couple of clips from a 12 mile continuous trip in there so assumed must be Locked Files or something !!

bit strange though as there was a couple of clips from a 12 mile continuous trip in there so assumed must be Locked Files or something !!
I had this issue as well. I was a passanger with someone and was playing around with it while they dove. I got home and the clips from the middle of our trip ended up in different folders, and then of course locked files are in their own folder.

I also have found out. I don't know if this is the case with the G1W, but on my Vico TF2 if i rename a clip from the standard naming that the camera sets and move it over to my PC,but forget to take it off the SD card in the camera my Vico will not erase it through the loop recording and it acts like a locked file in the standered folder

I had this issue as well. I was a passanger with someone and was playing around with it while they dove. I got home and the clips from the middle of our trip ended up in different folders, and then of course locked files are in their own folder.

I also have found out. I don't know if this is the case with the G1W, but on my Vico TF2 if i rename a clip from the standard naming that the camera sets and move it over to my PC,but forget to take it off the SD card in the camera my Vico will not erase it through the loop recording and it acts like a locked file in the standered folder

Thinking about that journey maybe i stopped for fuel ~ can't recall though.
Assume a locked file would be named as such but the said files were not different from the others ~ agreed it made the clips confusing going from the Standard Folder to the ABCD Folder !!

ABCD folders are created when the G1W's motion detector goes off, presumably for to make it easier to find footage of accidents.

ABCD folders are created when the G1W's motion detector goes off, presumably for to make it easier to find footage of accidents.

Yes i'm sure that is the case. strange name for locked files though !!
I haven't set the sensitivity from default so i'll check and set it lower.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Error7 G1WX 18