What is the best dash cam currently on the market in 2014?

rabite

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am trying to get a dash cam and budget isn't really an issue. However there are so many on the market I am having a hard time deciding. The features I am looking for:

1. Good day and night cam (1080p)
  2. GPS
  3. Parking recording
  4. Mac compatibility (not a must have, but would be nice)
  5. Ideally would be more on the discreet side rather than a large cam
Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

After doing some research do you think it is best to wait for the GuardTrak to come out? I am having a hard time deciding here! Money is not an issue, I just want one that is really good and has the above features... Can anyone give any advice?

GuardTrack promoses to be high-end reliable product, but meanwhile please do not wait: buy temporary some low-priced good dashcam. Better to have something, than don't have at all. Likes of Mobius I would recommend. Later you can mount it into rear.

I was thinking about getting the Lukas 7900 and was about to order, but now I am thinking it might be better to wait until the Q1 2014 models come out.

I may try the Mobius for now and then hard wire it in as a rear camera.

You might like the mobius so much that you forget spending $$$$$ and simply buy another mobius.
Also remember that tech improves at an alarming rate - it also drops in price.
Worth noting that all those bells and whistles aren't necessarily a good thing, for many, they are a novelty that soon wears off.
No-one really cares to see a YT clip where the vid takes up 1/4 of the screen & the rest is an overlay of google maps, data from your Gsensor and a vid of you & your occupants

Check out my main thread where I install & use 2 Finevu Pros for 4 vehicles. So far I'm happy w/ them.

Back