What kind of USB connector is this?

Zed6547

Reaction score
Country
United States
It looks like a proprietary connector specific by the manufacturer. Probably your best bet at finding what you are looking for is contacting the manufacturer (kenwood ) and see if they can provide you a replacement cable.

Looks like a mini display port.

It looks like a proprietary connector specific by the manufacturer.
Given the cost of making such things, there are very few 'propriety' connectors found. The usual is for then to source an obscure connector which has already been designed and made if one can be found to meet their needs. There are literally thousands of connector types already, no point in making another :eek: What you do sometimes see is an alteration to an existing connector such as in plastic parts being molded differently (like closing off holes for pins or adding notches) so that a standard connector won't quite work or will need alteration to fit.

Somewhere I have a 20 year old book of standard connectors made for RF work and those alone number into at least a hundred different ones, sure to be more now :geek:

Phil

That's the same one Street Guardian uses. It looks like mini USB but isn't. I don't know what it's called.
edit: I think it's Mini-A USB. I think Street Guardian's has at least 2 more pins.
edit 2: I'm not 100% sure it's the same one. But I'd say it is.

Last edited:
Back