What need I do now. !

MCadi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR900x 2ch 128gb memory card & Blackvue CM100LTE U
Hi folks !

Now I’ve successfully hard wired my Blackvue DR900X and CM100LTE activated the sim
Now I need to know how do I set up setting in my phone ie WiFi on or off ?
How do I see from miles away from my car what the camera sees and when I’m not in car. How to I receive notice that someone’s close by or even tampered with my car when it’s parked ie warning messages on my phone
Thanks

IMO, when you are miles away from your car your wifi settings in your smartphone won't make any difference because, miles away, you won't be within wifi reach. My guess is you will need to make sure your "Mobile Data: Access the internet through your mobile network" needs to be ON in your smartphone settings. Just a guess; I admit I haven't been in your situation.

Hi folks !

Now I’ve successfully hard wired my Blackvue DR900X and CM100LTE activated the sim
Now I need to know how do I set up setting in my phone ie WiFi on or off ?
How do I see from miles away from my car what the camera sees and when I’m not in car. How to I receive notice that someone’s close by or even tampered with my car when it’s parked ie warning messages on my phone
Thanks
You need to have the respective APP from Blackvue installed in your phone and set it up according to the instructions. The data service on your phone will give you access to the camera once the camera data service is active and set up correctly as well. Therefore you wont be using WIFI between the camera and your phone while away from each other. WIFI is only capable to send data from point to point at about +- 50ft distance.

I understand the WiFi proximity but I presumed via the Vodafone CM100LTE I could access and view what my camera is recording from afar
There’s obviously a setting I need to change this allowing this to happen. How do I actually know that the CM100LTE module is actually working

Hi. Thanks for all the responses
Now it’s finally working thanks to the guidance of the guys at Blackvue outlet Lanark. Scotland These guys were brilliant and sorted my issues over the phone.
I would recommend them 100%+
For all dash cam servicing repairs and supplies
Now I can view my dash cam live from anywhere in the world leaving my car parked at home or at the airport
Loving this Dr900x already

I understand the WiFi proximity but I presumed via the Vodafone CM100LTE I could access and view what my camera is recording from afar
There’s obviously a setting I need to change this allowing this to happen. How do I actually know that the CM100LTE module is actually working
The app will allow you to connect Wi-Fi and/or cloud. Events are uploaded into the cloud so you can see Alert Events -OR- Live View remote viewing. (And you can also check your back-up battery charge).
NOTE: Viewing either way is a great tool to check out events or check in on your car, but , the quality isn't nearly as good, but you can get the job done of checking incidents or accidents. If you select the Original HD playback, it'll take forever to view the recordings but they'll be very clear.
The great surprise comes when you transfer the SD card recorded events to your computer.
I don't have 4K viewing on my notebook computer, but the video quality is exceptional.

Attachments

• 143358199_201292958354476_1268069406454096348_n.jpg
    143358199_201292958354476_1268069406454096348_n.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 143976517_229135682178099_1033980802675507222_n.jpg
    143976517_229135682178099_1033980802675507222_n.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 4
You can use a smart phone with unlimited data as your modem or get a portable modem with unlimited data. Then the there should be no distance problem with the wifi. You can check on your car from anywhere as long as the web is connected.

Could some one clarify the wifi/cloud connectivity with the BlackVue DR750x-2ch? Wifi I get, but what does the cloud do?

Thanks much

Back